Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 404 After fresh install

Hello All,

After fresh install vBulletin Connect Version: 5.5.3. Home page Error. 404 and admincp blank page.

I already have Wordpress CMS installed in my root directory i installed fresh root ( xxxx.com/f/ ) .htaccess Change it to: RewriteBase /f/ and PHP Code: $config['Database']['tableprefix'] = 'vb_';
    and $config['Misc']['forumpath'] = '/home/xxx/public_html/f/';

I also contacted my hosting to check this 5 points they say its everything fine ;
    • htaccess.txt has not been renamed to .htaccess (the leading period is important)
    • mod_rewrite is not installed for Apache 2.4
    • URL Rewrite is not installed for IIS 8.5+
    • The server configuration for NGINX has not been updated. See the file for your version of PHP within the do_not_upload folder.
    • AllowOverride is not allowed in the Apache configuration file.

PHP Version 7.2.19

Please clarify:

htaccess.txt has not been renamed to .htaccess (the leading period is important)

You DO need to rename this file.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.2 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Your host says everything that is opposite of what is required to run vBulletin 5.
      • You DO need to have the htaccess.txt renamed to .htaccess.
        • Since you're using vBulletin in a sub-directory under WordPress, you will need to update the RewriteBase directive in the .htaccess file. The Rewrites in Wordpress will prevent vBulletin from working otherwise.
      • You DO need to have Apache's mod_rewrite or IIS' URL Rewrite installed. If using NGINX, you will need to update the server files.
      • Apache DOES needs AllowOverrides set to All for your virtual host.
      If you cannot make these changes, you cannot run vBulletin on that server. We offer a Hosted Solution called vBulletin Cloud that has properly configured servers for vBulletin.

Comment out this line: $config['Misc']['forumpath'] = '/home/xxx/public_html/f/';. You can do this by adding // at the beginning of the line. Chances are it is not needed on your server (or any server these days).
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment