Missing forum posts after upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing forum posts after upgrade

We finally got the database update scripts to run completely thanks to the help in the other thread but now we are noticing we are missing forum posts. I have run the rebuild topic and rebuild forum tools. The total count shown when these tools start to run is 700,000+ but I've noticed that the routines skip big chunks of numbers in the middle. For example it will show it is working on 50,000 to 52,000 and then skip to like 500,000 as the next chunk it is working on.

My assumption is that the routine is not finding the data it needs to run its work on the 'missing' topics/posts.

Any tips on where to start looking to solve this issue?

Thanks!

I don't know the history to this. Is the database in its original location, or has it been imported to a different server prior to upgrade?
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.2 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Did you rebuild the search engine after upgrading?
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

The history is that I copied the existing live database to an AWS server so that I can work on it. It is on this AWS test bed that I am working.

Yes, I rebuilt the search engine after upgrading but I think it stalled out after a while. I'll try running it again.

edit: During the search engine rebuild it was an "aw snap, something went wrong" error from Chrome. I just encountered it again but refreshed the page and it seems to still be going.
        Last edited by killbillet; Mon 18th Mar '19, 2:16pm.

Comment

Update: I ran the index rebuild tool again and it completed after processing 510,000+ records. I then run the forum topic rebuild tool and it shows there is a total of 760,502 topics. While running it gets to about 40,000 and then skips to about 600,000 and then continues processing until it reaches 760,052.

Forum topic totals on the main page are correct but a lot of topics/posts are not showing up within the forums.

Comment

Then your site is most likely suffering from this bug - https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-14529

The search indexing tools have been rebuilt and this update will be released in 5.5.2

Wayne Luke

Comment

Thanks, I'll definitely keep that in mind but I've restored a prior snapshot of my AWS test server and was wondering if maybe the topic issues were really a result of my database backup/restoration. All of the topics are present and I can click on each topic but on some I receive this error

Function name must be a string on line 1566 in /var/www/html/killbillet.com/includes/class_bbcode.php
              #0 /var/www/html/killbillet.com/includes/class_bbcode.php(1021): vB_BbCodeParser->parse_array(Array, 1, 1, 0)
              #1 /var/www/html/killbillet.com/includes/class_bbcode.php(542): vB_BbCodeParser->parse_bbcode('[QUOTE=MarvLS;2...', 1, 1, 0)
              #2 /var/www/html/killbillet.com/includes/class_bbcode.php(456): vB_BbCodeParser->do_parse('[QUOTE=MarvLS;2...', 0, 1, 1, 1, true, false, 'on_nl2br', false, 1)
              #3 /var/www/html/killbillet.com/includes/class_postbit.php(1242): vB_BbCodeParser->parse('[QUOTE=MarvLS;2...', 54, '1', false, NULL, NULL, false, 'on_nl2br')
              #4 /var/www/html/killbillet.com/includes/class_postbit.php(329): vB_Postbit_Post->parse_bbcode()
              #5 /var/www/html/killbillet.com/showthread.php(1096): vB_Postbit->construct_postbit(Array)
              #6 {main}

vBulletin 4.23

Does this provide any clues as to what the issue may be?

Comment

If you're using a current version of PHP, vBulletin 4.2.3 will not work.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Oh right, I think this AWS image has updated php running. I'll roll the snapshot back further and verify the database I restored is working properly.

Comment

Is there an estimated release date for 5.5.2?

Comment

We just released 5.5.1. There is usually a release every 8 to 10 weeks.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Hello,

I have updated my test system to 5.5.3 Alpha 4, ran php searchindex.php to rebuild the index, and then cleared the cache. There are still the same big chunks of posts missing from our forum.

The live forum is at
                        https://killbillet.com/

My test/development copy of the forum is at
                        http://killbillet.justicewebtech.com/index.php

If you compare the following forums you will see an example of the problem
                        https://www.killbillet.com/forumdisp...-Shop-Rat-Rods vs. http://killbillet.justicewebtech.com...-shop-rat-rods

The development server only has the first 3 pages or so of posts showing.

Is this still an indexing problem or is there something else going on?

Thanks.

Comment

I would need a copy of the original 4.X database to try and determine what is going on.

On your test site what is the:

PHP Version?
                          MySQL Version?
                          MySQL Character Set?
                          vBulletin Character Set?

Wayne Luke

Comment

PHP 7.1.25
                            MySQL 5.5.62
                            MySQL charset latin1/latin1_bin
                            vBulletin html charset ISO-8859-1

Comment

It's interesting that there is actually pagination going all the way up to 20 pages but only the first three work. The rest show nothing but also change the pagination to 'Page 1 of 1'. It's as if it's pointing at the wrong route.

I'm comparing like for like, I think:
                              New site: http://killbillet.justicewebtech.com...-shop-rat-rods
                              Old site: https://www.killbillet.com/forumdisp...-Shop-Rat-Rods

As Wayne says I think we will need a copy of the database (which can be arranged via a support ticket).

I'm assuming the same problem exists if you view the new site in a completely default style - if you haven't tested this, please do so in order to rule out a styling problem.

I would add - that's a nice job on replicating the vB4 style in vB5.
                              MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.2 Demo
                              AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment