Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• killbillet
    replied
    We got the scripts to complete. Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by killbillet; Fri 15 Mar '19, 2:00pm.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Sorry. I had the wrong table. It is part of the permission table and created in step 17 of Alpha 1 if it doesn't exist. vBulletin 4 does not have a permission table in a default installation. Chances are your permission table was added by an addon and doesn't contain the correct fields.

skip_moderate SMALLINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 1,

Leave a comment:

• killbillet
    replied
    Yes, the user has alter permissions. What is the bit width of the field? I'll just add it manually since the system isn't skipping forward. I assumed it is usergroup.skip_moderate bit(1) ? I added that and it still is failing.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    The table is missing the skip_moderate field. This should actually be a 'bitfield' within the usergroup table. A bitfield is a portion of an actual field. we just reference it as skip_moderate in the code instead of its integer value. You're using a database user that has permissions to alter table structures?

That field was actually added later so the system should try to transparently skip forward and then come back.

We recommend uninstalling all vBulletin 4 plugins and products before upgrading. This includes deleting their database modifications. Otherwise, there can be conflicts.
    Last edited by Wayne Luke; Tue 5 Mar '19, 4:33pm.

Leave a comment:

• killbillet
    started a topic Error upgrading database from 4.2.3

Error upgrading database from 4.2.3

Hello,

I am updating our vBulletin from 4.2.3 to the latest release and have experienced a couple of issues when running the upgrade scripts that migrate the database.

First, in 500a2 the widgetdefinition table is expected to have a column "label". Our database has a column named "labelphrase". So it errors out here. To get past this point I simply changed the database column to "label" like the script expects. It then continues on its way until it detects that we already have a table named "video". Ok no big deal, it only has 4 old entries in it so I rename that table and run the upgrade script. The script then continues for a while and then it fails with the following error

500a44 Step #1
    Fatal Error Occurred

Unknown column 'skip_moderate' in 'field list' on /var/www/html/killbillet.com/core/vb/db/query/stored.php : 125

Script: 500a44
    Step: 1

For the life of me I can't figure this one out. Any ideas what would cause this? Also, I'm not sure why our database hasn't matched the upgrade scripts exactly. I guess it could be that there were some plugins installed a while back that made custom entries, but the "label" vs. "labelphrase" column name is a bit odd to me.

Anyway, any help regarding this most recent error would be appreciated.

Thanks!