Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• baobabit
    replied
    That did the trick, the update has finally completed. Thanks Wayne.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Please make sure that class is enabled in PHP - http://php.net/manual/en/book.xmlreader.php

Leave a comment:

• baobabit
    replied
    Thanks Mark B.
    Here's what I'm getting in the log:
    [Fri Nov 11 17:22:54 2016] [error] [client 81.105.10.95] PHP Fatal error: Class 'XMLReader' not found in /var/zpanel/hostdata/zadmin/public_html/forum_pearldentalclinic_co_uk/core/includes/adminfunctions_template.php on line 3820, referer: http://forum.pearldentalclinic.co.uk...ll/upgrade.php

Does that help?

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    You'll need to check the server logs and find out what is causing it to time out.

Leave a comment:

• baobabit
    replied
    Hi, I have tried that. If I go to /core/install/upgrade.php are click on "Begin Upgrade" it fails immediately and gives the following message:

The server returned no response. This is probably due to a timeout setting. Please contact vBulletin Support for assistance

Script: final
    Step:

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Increase the MySQL wait_timeout value.

Leave a comment:

• baobabit
    replied
    Please can you let me know what setting needs changing. I tried the following change to .htaccess but it had no effect:
    php_value max_execution_time 300

We're using a dedicated server so I should have the ability to change the settings myself.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    You can try refreshing the page and see if it moves on.

If not, then that error indicates a server timeout, and you should contact your hosts.

Leave a comment:

• baobabit
    replied
    Having sorted out the file permissions and got PHP upgraded to 5.5 I ran the upgrade but the process aborted at 97%. Please can you help? I have attached a text document containing the "Upgrade Process" output.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    Any issue uploading files to your server is a hosting issue - you'll need to speak to your host to make sure your FTP account permissions allow overwrite.

Leave a comment:

• baobabit
    replied
    I am trying to upload the new software using FTP (FileZilla) and some of the files fail to upload. The FTP system reports errors for 133 files. Here's an example of the error message generated.
    Command: STOR ca-bundle.crt
    Response: 550 ca-bundle.crt: Permission denied
    Error: Critical file transfer error

In all cases the file already exists. Some of the files look important to me (e.g. /core/vb/api/node.php) but others look unimportant (e.g. /fonts/dosis/dosis-light.svg).

Having checked the permissions on these files it's 775 so I can't see why they won't upload. If I delete the target file the new version uploads perfectly.

Q1. Could this be something to do with the forum software or is it a hosting issue?
    Q2. Do I need to manually delete & upload 133 files or is it safe to try running the update without the latest versions?

Thanks, Adam

Leave a comment:

• baobabit
    replied
    Thanks, I found the customer number.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    It is in the members area where you downloaded the software.

Leave a comment:

• baobabit
    replied
    Hi,

Please can you tell me how to find out the the Customer ID for Pearl Dental.

The backups are all done and I'm about to start the upgrade but noticed the process is going to require input of a Customer ID - I can't see that on any of the forum admin panels or in any of the emails.

Many thanks, Adam

Leave a comment:

• baobabit
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Wayne, I'll give that a go.