Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to install a security patch 5.1.9

Hello

I have been looking for on this forum about the way to install a security patch. I have never installed a security patch, so I donīt know if I have to follow the same steps as I have seen in 5.1.5 for example.

I have seen that has been released a security patch for 5.1.9, I have downloaded it and I am ready to install.

Thanks

What version are you running at the moment?
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.4 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

I have 5.1.9 at this moment. It has been my first installation.

Comment

Ok...all yu need to do is download the patch files from here:
        https://members.vbulletin.com/patches.php

Upload these to the server, in the right location, making sure you overwrite what's already there.

That's it.

The version number on the front forums won't change, but in the admincp it should tell you you are running "5.1.9 Patch Level 1".
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.4 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Ok, right. Just a doubt, I copy directly the entire folders (core and includes) or just the files which are included?

Comment

Originally posted by josealbertocll View Post
            Ok, right. Just a doubt, I copy directly the entire folders (core and includes) or just the files which are included?

You can copy the entire folders. The files within will go along for the ride. Other files won't be touched.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
            I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Ok, I have copied directly two folders to the main route. I have overwritten all files the server asked.

I have installed it correctly, in the adminCP tell me 5.1.9 Patch Level

Thanks a lot

Comment

Hey thanks for posting this. The manual does not include a patch installation section and if you follow the normal 'upgrade' steps it is misleading (searching for install files etc.). Just to be clear for others, you don't need to run the upgrade script after overwriting the files.. Thanks again.
                Last edited by keiahnig; Fri 6th Nov '15, 12:22am.

Comment

Originally posted by keiahnig View Post
                  Hey thanks for posting this. The manual does not include a patch installation section and if you follow the normal 'upgrade' steps it is misleading (searching for install files etc.). Just to be clear for others, you don't need to run the upgrade script after overwriting the files.. Thanks again.
                  http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/upgrade_patch_level
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
                  vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                  I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Aha! Thanks for that Wayne, my bad

Comment