Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgrade error when upgrading from 4.2.2 to 5.1.9

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Upgrade error when upgrading from 4.2.2 to 5.1.9

    The upgrade process (using the web version of the upgrader) has gotten stuck with the following error:
    Code:
    Error No permissions on node id 28 on /[path_to_document_root]/core/vb5/route/channel .php : 23
    Please help if you can, as the upgrade won't get past this error, even if I retry. Thank you.

  • #2
    And here is the source code for that exact line (at the bottom of the following code snippet), in channel.php:

    PHP Code:
    class vB5_Route_Channel extends vB5_Route
    {
        public function 
    __construct($routeInfo$matches$queryString ''$anchor '')
        {
            
    parent::__construct($routeInfo$matches$queryString);

            if (isset(
    $this->arguments['channelid']))
            {
                if (! 
    vB::getUserContext()->getChannelPermission('forumpermissions''canview'$this->arguments['channelid']))
                {
                    throw new 
    vB_Exception_NodePermission($this->arguments['channelid']); 

    Comment


    • #3
      I just checked and there isn't a node with nodeid == 28... I guess that's the problem. I'll look into this further. My apologies. I had originally checked for the node, but incorrectly typed nodeid = 23, rather than 28, which is why I got confused. Still, if anyone has any guesses as to how a node is no longer there or why the upgrade thinks it is, please advise.

      Comment


      • #4
        Another update on this. I've checked the 4.2.2 database and search across all tables that have a "nodeid" column with a value of 28 and none could be found. So I'm not sure what this "id" is that it refers to. Also, and maybe this is more important information, each time I retry the upgrade process, that "id" increments by 1. I've tried it many times since the first attempt and it is now up to 40. Any help is appreciated by a VB Admin who may know what is going on. Thanks.

        Oh and the current upgrade progress step that it keeps failing on is "5.0.0 Alpha 1, Step 142 of 166"

        Comment


        • #5
          UPDATE: It turns out that this line was failing for some reason, even though the current user context (user session) is an Administrator user:
          PHP Code:
          if (! vB::getUserContext()->getChannelPermission('forumpermissions''canview'$this->arguments['channelid'])) 
          To get around the issue, I found out which Administrator user record the upgrade process was instantiating a session for and set the superuser setting in ..../core/includes/config.php to be the same userid (instead of it's default setting of "1"). After doing this, the upgrade procedure continued.

          Hopefully this helps someone else running into this obscure issue.

          Comment

          Related Topics

          Collapse

          Working...
          X