troubleshooting a 5.1.3 to current upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• troubleshooting a 5.1.3 to current upgrade

just to ask before i get going too much....any tips?
    i started with php 5.4 i remember that much at least...but just wondering anything important or certain orders to do things could help thanks! looking fwd to getting back working on things

ah yes of course...the weekend....well...so far i did run into one problem....

i need to update the image links to a new url, how does vbulletin suggest to do this?

seems there should be a rebuild tool or something im missing, but in the past i have run an sql query....which i am getting an error for some reason?

this is query

Code:
    UPDATE post
    SET pagetext = REPLACE(pagetext,'https://www.mysite.com','http://www.mysite.newextension'')
    then i get this error

error number: 1146
    error desc: Table 'user_mydatabase.post' doesn't exist

any suggestion for this pls? i will like to get some these basic thing done before upgrading...thanks!

Comment

There is no post table in vB5, you'd need to look at the node table and the description field.

Note that we can't provide official support for running manual queries like this...ALWAYS take a database backup before running any database query.
      MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
      AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

im not set on doing it as a query it just seem the only way??

yes now i think i believe that was used on vb4...hmm

Comment

also the rawtext column in the text table.

Comment

thank you for replies!...i would need an exact suggestion tho if possible...be it a query or procedure

Comment

any suggestions??

im thinking theres gotta be a way....ppl gonna have alot of images and change urls...if theres not a tool there should be?

Comment

also still wondering of any infos i might need regarding the upgrade, thanks

Comment

There is no tool to do this. You would need to run a query, but we do not support doing that.

Comment

If you are handy with the command line and have a unix/linux based server, you can do the replacement in a mysqldump backup file using sed (stream editor), then reload the backup onto the db server.

Comment

hmm, thank you for the info replicant
                      never tried anything like that, but im done the manual changes at least for now...that seems like something thats gonna come up that ppl would need tho, if only i wasnt burnt on setup i would check entry into jira

ok, on to the upgrade then i suppose fingers crossed...

Comment

110% installed aha...whatever that means....pretty smooth process, but i really think there should be an update tool for images....theres one for avatars and practically everything else whats the deal? its problematic or just not a focus? hopefully i will stay at current url a while but theres new extensions all the time nowdays .ninja i could not resist and i imagine it could be even more common for site want to change url in the future so vbulletin may wish to consider implementing image/link updating if possible

Comment

The update tool for avatars doesn't alter the file path. There is a tool for attachments, it's just in a different place (under the attachments options section of the admincp) but again it is there to rebuild thumbnails, not alter file paths.

Comment

hmm...well i have noticed one thing...only 4 or 5 new themes were loaded to my live site but the test site has the whole list....is it possible to re-install themes without reinstalling vb?
                            thanks...coming along pretty well got a bit of a list going for stuff i noticed so far, will make another topic before long

Comment

• IggyP
                              IggyP commented
                              Editing a comment
                              hmm ya i see some missing from this site as well
                          widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X