Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vBB 5.1.5 Fresh Install Hangs on Step 14 of 19 (Processing XML)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    vBulletin should work on that server. You'll need to open a support ticket with access to the server in order to see what the problem is.

http://www.vbulletin.com/go/techsupport

Leave a comment:

• JustAsIAm
    replied
    I have no idea what server daemon is running. I am hosting at GoDaddy.com on their "Ultimate" package. I think it is running on Linux and Apache.

I had another version of vBulletin running just fine there. I just wanted a clean install to replace it.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Should work in the root directory. What web server daemon are you using?

Leave a comment:

• JustAsIAm
    replied
    I am installing this into the root of the site. The root folder was completely empty prior to me uploading vbulletin.

Is this why this is happening? Because it it not in a sub-folder?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    It shouldn't have recurring redirects at all. The only redirection is from the default .htaccess file included with the software correct? If you install into a sub-directory and have an .htaccess file in the parent, you will need to uncomment the RewriteBase URL line and set it appropriately.

Leave a comment:

• JustAsIAm
    replied
    TY for the quick reply.

I ran upgrade.php instead and it installed, but it crashed in the middle and then finally finished the installation.

Now, when I go to the website, I get an Internal Server Error.

My error log says this:

Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error. Use 'LimitInternalRecursion' to increase the limit if necessary. Use 'LogLevel debug' to get a backtrace.
    If I add 'Limit InternalRecursion 100' to my .htaccess file, The error log says:
    LimitInternalRecursion not allowed here
    Ideas?

Just for the halibut, I am trying a complete re-install.
    Last edited by JustAsIAm; Mon 23 Mar '15, 3:32pm.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Try going to the upgrade.php page instead of refreshing the install.php page. See if that will continue it. Otherwise, you may want to check your error_logs (if you don't know where they are, ask your host) because it sounds like you may be timing out.

Leave a comment:

• vBB 5.1.5 Fresh Install Hangs on Step 14 of 19 (Processing XML)

I have been using vbb for a very long time. I have just deleted my v4.xx (along with the db) and decided to do a fresh install of 5.1.5. I uploaded the files, created the db and ran the install. I crapped out, so I had to manually do the edits.

Now the install is running and currently on Step 14 of 19. It has been there for 20 minutes and is just hanging there. I have tried refreshing the page, only to have the installer start over, delete the current db tables, and hang again at the same spot.

I have attached an image of what is happening.

Ideas?
    Last edited by JustAsIAm; Mon 23 Mar '15, 11:49am.