Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Addons can cause problems. We do suggest that they are uninstalled prior to upgrading to vBulletin. I am glad that you have resolved the issue.

Leave a comment:

• audiokarmallc
    replied
    Ok I think I figured it out. The script was trying to create the CACHE table earlier in the process but there was already a CACHE table from a previous add on software. The script does not alter this table, so when it came back to it, the data table was not there. I deleted the CACHE table from the database and reran the install that then created the CACHE table and columns it needed.

Leave a comment:

• audiokarmallc
    replied
    Here is a screen grab from PHPAdmin of the CACHE table. Is this where I need to add a column called data?

Leave a comment:

• audiokarmallc
    replied
    So there should be a column named data and within it a data field called mediumtext? Sorry, I have never done this before.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    The error means it was looking for a column named data and it didn't exist.

Leave a comment:

• audiokarmallc
    replied
    Upgrading from 3.8.6 to 5.1.5. The script ran up to 4.1 something then displayed the unknown column data followed by the alter table line and stopped.

Is this it found a column called data or it found data it wasn't expecting?
    Last edited by audiokarmallc; Fri 27 Feb '15, 10:40am. Reason: additional info

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    What version are you upgrading from? That field should be there unless you skipped a step along the way. I would suggest manually creating the data field as mediumtext on the cache table and starting the upgrade script again.

Leave a comment:

• audiokarmallc
    started a topic Unkown column 'data' in 'cache'

Unkown column 'data' in 'cache'

I am running the upgrade on a test database from SSH command line. I have run into this and don't know how to proceed.

ALTER TABLE cache CHANGE data data MEDIUMTEXT[[email protected] install]$