Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Issues after upgrading for attachments, avatars, ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It should be either the first or second url. What are the permissions on that directory?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Thanks for answering ... 2777

As you can see, the files are correctly created in the folder "customavatars" and "customavatars/thumbs"

Comment

I finally understood what was wrong.

It seems that vB5 uses the avatar files stored under /customavatars/thumbs.
        But in vB4, it is not the case, so there was no such files present.

The solution was to copy all the files from /customavatars to /customavatars/thumbs

And now it is ok

Comment

n my case (3.8.8 with file based attachments ==> 5.1*), it seems that migration of albums have to write new image files in ./core/customattachments (despite the admin option for attachments is set to ./customattachments).

On productive website, files for attachments have to be in ./customattachment for working (as described in the matching option).

After migration, it seems that customalbums & ./core/customattachments are not any longer usefull & can be deleted.

I have not yet find a way to get thumbnails on migrated attachments. (It works on new attachments). Did you?

Comment

Originally posted by vb_nils View Post
            I finally understood what was wrong.

It seems that vB5 uses the avatar files stored under /customavatars/thumbs.
            But in vB4, it is not the case, so there was no such files present.

The solution was to copy all the files from /customavatars to /customavatars/thumbs

And now it is ok
            Thanks so much! Was banging my head on a wall for an hour about this
            http://www.bordersdown.net - 10 years of videogame reviews and chat

Comment