Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Issues after upgrading for attachments, avatars, ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues after upgrading for attachments, avatars, ...

Hello,

I've upgrading from 4.2.2 to 5.1.5.
    This step worked smoothly without any error raised.

For info, the new 5.1.5 "environment" is on another VPS than the one that has the 4.2.2 environment.
    This environment is installed in path /var/www/html/vt and the url is directly the IP (http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)

I've gone through all tutorials concerning such upgrade, so that I've run the different "upgrade tools" as suggested and made all adaptation.
    Every thing is fine except that I cannot manage back the attachments, images and avatars.

For example, I've tried all path adaptation for the attachments. I've indicated once the complete path to attachements (/var/www/html/vt/attachments) and others like ./attachments and ./vt/attachements, but nothing works.

When I'm clicking on a attachment from the admin files management page (url = http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/attachment.ph...2&d=1338653237)
    I get this error message
    Code:
     Debug: Error Invalid Page URL. If this is an error and the page should exist, please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message.
    occurred in file /var/www/html/vt/core/attachment.php on line 44
    Trace Function require_once in file /var/www/html/vt/includes/api/interface/collapsed.php line 118
    Function relay in file /var/www/html/vt/includes/vb5/frontend/controller/relay.php line 56
    Function legacy in file line Function call_user_func_array in file /var/www/html/vt/index.php line 72
    Any ideas are very welcome.

Thanks

The links from the AdminCP to direct attachments do not work, this is a known bug, you shouldn't be accessing attachments that way.

Comment

Ok

No even from the posts, I can't access them.
      Take a look to next screen shot, it shows that the images attached to the post are not "seen" by vB.

There seems to be a mix in this case. Because the 1st image I have in this post is normally called "vin_search.png" and in the 4.2.2 forum, it is displayed as an image (the file is stored on the server). The Id is correct but not the name.

So that if I click on the 1st image link, vB opens a new page which is blank. Its url is http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/filedata/fetch?id=509562&d=1338653237.

I don't understand what is this id? and why there is no error.
      Last edited by vb_nils; Mon 2nd Feb '15, 9:31pm.

Comment

Hello,

Concerning attachments, the issue is solved, I've played with rights on the server and it finally works.

So now my other problem is still open. All the Avatars of my users are still not displayed (.
        Here is the configuration.

The avatars are in GIF format in folder "customavatars" located in /var/www/html/xxx/core/

The folder is chmod 777

I've run several times the tool after update, but nothing is changed ... the avatars are not seen by vB.

I've checked the database (customavatars), my account is correct.

The file avatar2_5.gif is in the expected folder.

It is as if vB didn't see that the avatars are related to the user accounts.

What can I check?

Any help is welcome.

Comment

• rnedelkow
          rnedelkow commented
          Editing a comment
          Concerning attachments, the issue is solved, I've played with rights on the server and it finally works.

Any chance you could share the solution for this? vB opens a blank page for me too and it's url is http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/filedata/fetch?id=xxxxx.

hi vb_nils, can you let me know what settings you changed on the server for attachments? any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Hi, I've reoarganized completly my attachment files and checked all user rights related to it.
          Once the path was correctly set in vB, my attachments were visible.

Now I can't handle my problem with avatars.

Comment

Back on the issue with avatars.

I've noticed that if I'm trying to change my user avatar, it fails ... at least I suppose because the by default image appears but no error message is displayed.
            I can clearly see that thumb has been created in expected folder ... but not displayed

What can I do? any idea?
            Last edited by vb_nils; Sat 7th Feb '15, 1:23am.

Comment

Hello,

No one has any idea? I'm the only one to which it happens?

Thanks

Comment

We would need a link to the site to see what is actually happening.
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
                vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Hello,

Sure, here it is => http://107.155.113.153/

Comment

Some more details.
                    I've deleted any "old" themes (coming out of vb4)
                    I've selected "English" language (normally I'm using French)
                    I've activated the "debug mode"

After creating a new account, I'm trying to edit the avatar, and the result is still the same.
                    No error in the debug is visible.
                    With Firebug enabled, I can see that the result for the query is strange because it doesn't send back the new avatar uploaded but the by default one
                    {"hascustom":0,"avatarpath":"images\/default\/default_avatar_medium.png"} But when looking in the avatar folder in the server, I can see the correct image.

Couldn't there be an issue with this "upload_profilepicture.php" file?

Thanks

Comment

What happens if you run the File Upload Diagnostic in the Admin CP under Maintenance -> Diagnostics?
                      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
                      vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
                      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                      I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

It seems to go ,without error

Comment

What path is set as the path for avatars in the storage type settings?
                          MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.4 Demo
                          AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Currently it is set to: /var/www/html/xxx/core/customavatars
                            I have previously tried with the same result: ./core/customavatars and also ./customavatars

Comment