Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
    That's not a link to phpinfo?
    I created a support ticket with my contact info and other site info SID-1170459-
    PHP 5.3.x FastCGI is what I think you were looking for?
    Last edited by Zachery; Tue 1st Jan '13, 1:29pm.

Comment

Update for the others having similar problems: i'm bouncing between vbulletin support and dreamhost support on figuring this one out, i'll update with a solution once we figure it out!

Comment

just release the next version of beta23
        next time make sure that the next version won't stuck during the installation
        don't release the version that was unable to install

Comment

Originally posted by Kamic View Post
          Update for the others having similar problems: i'm bouncing between vbulletin support and dreamhost support on figuring this one out, i'll update with a solution once we figure it out!
          Just wanted to give you a head's up, I just installed a new copy of VB5 Connect on Dreamhost. I started with a clean domain and clean sql instance. I filled out the configs as the read-me said, and had no issues. I'd double check all the SQL stuff in the config and Dreamhost. Dreamhost requires you use the domain for the sql and not localhost...ie. mysql.yourdomain.com so you may want to look into that too. I've seen people get snagged on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Branzol Arken View Post
            Just wanted to give you a head's up, I just installed a new copy of VB5 Connect on Dreamhost. I started with a clean domain and clean sql instance. I filled out the configs as the read-me said, and had no issues. I'd double check all the SQL stuff in the config and Dreamhost. Dreamhost requires you use the domain for the sql and not localhost...ie. mysql.yourdomain.com so you may want to look into that too. I've seen people get snagged on that.
            I'm not on that host and I'm having the same issue. I'm not new to vB.

Is there any news on this from support?

I'd be happy to give vB more info. I'm on beta 25..
            Best Chicago Bears Fan Site on the net!

Comment

Who's your webhost?

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                Who's your webhost?

It's hostnexus.com.

Right now I just noticed I'm getting this message when I log into myphpadmin:

"Your PHP MySQL library version 5.0.90 differs from your MySQL server version 5.5.29. This may cause unpredictable behavior."

Looking at my phpinfo (on another domain; same host), it shows I meet the minimum requirements.

I'm still awaiting their response, but I'm wondering if the MySQL library is the issue?

I'd be more than happy to provide any more info on this, if you want to check this out for yourself, just let me know and I can provide some specific info.

Comment

The MySQL library being out of date doesn't help.

Are you sure you're not getting any database error emails?

Comment

Yup, no error emails. I changed the email in the config.php so that's not it.

I can see it building the tables, and it looks like it populates them. The size of the database looks to be about 5.6megs, but stops there. It never makes it past building the tables and populating them.

Comment

Whats the last table in the database?

Comment

It's videoitem.

Comment

Ok, was finally able to get home and check the logs.

This is the error I'm getting when I try to install:

[Wed Jan 23 17:20:13 2013] [error] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.220] Premature end of script headers: install.php, referer: http://www.xxxxxxxx.com/core/install/install.php

I checked with my host and they said I meet the requirments for vb5. I also have them looking into it, but I'm not sure what to look at since the error log was only generic with that error.

Any thoughts?

Comment

One reason for that error is if the files are uploaded via Binary instead of ASCII. Are you sure your FTP client was set to upload php files as ASCII?

Comment

I've uploaded many times, and I use the same ftp software to upload it. I've checked and filezilla is uploading via ASCII.

I've upload the files several times, and even downloaded a new copy from here a couple times.

I've been running vb for over ten years so I'm not sure it's something I'm doing. I don't think vb5 is much different from anything in the past versions.

Plus like I said, I use filezilla and also use it for another site that run vbulletin.

Comment

I had the same issue. It was a timeout issue... the web server was configured to only give 40 seconds for PHP scripts to run, and the vBulletin installer needed more than that. I changed the mod_fcgi timeout for my site to 7200 seconds and that solved the problem.

http://rickchristie.com/blog/2011/no...timeout-error/

Comment