Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

URL Rewriting Not Working

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • URL Rewriting Not Working

    I recently upgraded our (still in development) site from 4.2.0 Suite. Our server is operating on Win Server 2008 x64 with IIS 7.0, mySQL 5.1.49 community, and PHP 5.4.3 via FastCGI. As per the Installation/upgrade instructions included in the download I installed to a folder named 'vb5', I also copied the database to a new database called 'username_vb5' with the same user. Installation/upgrade was easy and there were no issues. Upon trying to login to the forums I receive a 404 error in the popup for Login and Signup. I also receive a 403 error when using site.com/vb5/admincp as directory browsing is disabled.

    Edit: RESOLVED. In case someone else has this issue I wanted to leave this in case it helps. While I was typing this I decided to grab some screen captures to attach and it was working. All I did was turn on Failed Request Tracing (which has been useless so far), re-check the PHP mappings, re-check the App Pools, re-check all permissions, and restart the website. All I did was check settings, nothing was changed so it just started working on its own after a short time (approximately 45 minutes). I have ISAPI_rewrite installed but am phasing it out in favor of pure IIS configs, perhaps the .htaccess that I deleted after setup confused something at the beginning.

  • #2
    You might try using the URL Rewrite module from Microsoft. It is found here: http://www.iis.net/downloads/microsoft/url-rewrite

    There is a web.config file in the upload folder configured to work with it.
    Translations provided by Google.

    Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      You might try using the URL Rewrite module from Microsoft. It is found here: http://www.iis.net/downloads/microsoft/url-rewrite

      There is a web.config file in the upload folder configured to work with it.
      Thanks for the reply. The Microsoft URL Rewrite module was already installed and enabled. It looks like it may have been a conflict between both ISAPI Rewrite and URL rewrite trying to run at the same time. I deleted the .htaccess leaving the web.config but it still took almost an hour to start working properly. Must be some kind of cache setting. No worries though as it seems to have fixed itself. Definitely don't like working with IIS sometimes

      Just a heads up for others, make sure you don't upload both the .htaccess and web.config if you have both modules enabled. Choose one or the other.

      Comment

      Related Topics

      Collapse

      Working...
      X