Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody out there get this to work properly on Godaddy hosting????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin Sours
    replied
    PHP 5.2 has been unsupported for nearly two years now.

http://www.php.net/archive/2010.php
    Kevin

Leave a comment:

• rajubd
    replied
    Originally posted by CozmicShredder
    I informed Godaddy of the issue and the response I got back was basically We are sorry but we are not upgrading our PHP version for your website but please feel free to purchase our VPS or a dedicated server and load whatever php version you need... So unless vBulletin 5 is reworked for the current version GoDaddy is not going to support vBulletin 5!
    Seriously they are unlimited fake.
    Now regularly advertising on tv to find more foolish customers. There vps also crape like there shared hosting.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Originally posted by CozmicShredder View Post
    I informed Godaddy of the issue and the response I got back was basically We are sorry but we are not upgrading our PHP version for your website but please feel free to purchase our VPS or a dedicated server and load whatever php version you need... So unless vBulletin 5 is reworked for the current version GoDaddy is not going to support vBulletin 5!
    Good, it might finally stop people from attempting to run vBulletin on completely unsuitable hosting services.

Leave a comment:

• CozmicShredder
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    There is a Bug in our site tracker to have this text updated

Leave a comment:

• Kevin Sours
    replied
    MySql ended active support for 5.0 three years ago. I don't remember the exact reason now, but there was a particular reason we upped the db minimum version. Also the reason why it's 5.1.5 specifically; that was the first version of 5.1.x that meet our requirements. This wasn't just something we did for the hell of it.
    Kevin

Leave a comment:

• oldz442
    replied
    Originally posted by Zachery View Post
    This is the vbulletin 5 forum, so no, its not a typo about vB ulletin 5
    Well then it might be a good idea to update the text re mysql in the download section of the members area.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Originally posted by imkk View Post
    It's a shame that I wasted the money and can't use the software now on one if the largest hosting providers around. Vbulletin should state up front that their new software will not work with Godaddy because of a slight SQL server difference. Plus, it should not have taken a week to get to the bottom of the problem either.
    The purchase pages clearly state the minimum requirements. If you really must persist with poor quality hosts like GoDaddy then you need to be very careful about checking this type of thing.

You would likely have problems with GoDaddy even if they DID meet the minimum requirements.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    This is the vbulletin 5 forum, so no, its not a typo about vB ulletin 5

Leave a comment:

• oldz442
    replied
    I am with GD, but have a Linux VPS acct. I had to do all the PHP and related upgrades myself to use vb4 (otherwise you have to pay them to do it). I live on the *nix command line pretty much anyway, so it was not too bad to deal with overall.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    The minimum required version of MySQL is 5.1.5. The software will not work with older versions.
    Is this a typo in re to mysql?

Note: vBulletin 4.0 and higher requires PHP 5.2.0 or greater and MySQL 4.1.0 or greater!

Leave a comment:

• imkk
    replied
    It's a shame that I wasted the money and can't use the software now on one if the largest hosting providers around. Vbulletin should state up front that their new software will not work with Godaddy because of a slight SQL server difference. Plus, it should not have taken a week to get to the bottom of the problem either.

Leave a comment:

• Super Cat
    replied
    Originally posted by Loco.M View Post
    I'll 2nd, 3rd and 4th godaddy hosting being sub-par.
    And I'll follow that with 5th, 6th and 7th. Go Daddy is all avertisement and garbage.

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    It appears that GoDaddy doesn't support the minimum requirements. You should check with hostmonster.com, hostgator.com or asmallorange.com, among others to see if they fulfill the minimum requirements.
    I've got hostmonster and never had many problems there with anything. I like their support a lot. Hostmonster does fulfill the minimum.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    The minimum required version of MySQL is 5.1.5. The software will not work with older versions.

Leave a comment:

• imkk
    replied
    I see the Godaddy PHP version is 5.3.14, which I assume should be okay? But, mysql is 5.0.77. Is that the only component you see holding us back at this point? Are there features in the newer version of mysql that would alleviate these exact problems?
    Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

This table you posted is not accurate for the current versions that I show on my Godaddy hosted accounts. Maybe it is an old reference you have?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    It appears that GoDaddy doesn't support the minimum requirements. You should check with hostmonster.com, hostgator.com or asmallorange.com, among others to see if they fulfill the minimum requirements.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X