X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St0rm
    replied
    Originally posted by Merjawy View Post
    I am not sure if this mean anything, but the link posted in first post shows new installation of vB4 and not vB5.
    We gave up and returned to VB4 for the time being.

Leave a comment:

• Merjawy
    replied
    I am not sure if this mean anything, but the link posted in first post shows new installation of vB4 and not vB5.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Issue is here: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-4973

Can't be reproduced in Beta 13 according to testers.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Originally posted by St0rm View Post
    Support told me to make another bug report.

My bug report was closed because they "could not reproduce" in beta 13. So apparently all a $200 upgrade buys you is the opportunity to wait until beta 13 and hope they fixed the problem and not that they just couldn't reproduce it.
    I cannot find your bug report. Can we get a link to it?

Leave a comment:

• Loco.M
    replied

My bug report was closed because they "could not reproduce" in beta 13. So apparently all a $200 upgrade buys you is the opportunity to wait until beta 13 and hope they fixed the problem and not that they just couldn't reproduce it.
    oh..
    I've been installing the beta builds for a while and never had this problem but then again, I've always gone to the admincp in those builds.

Leave a comment:

• St0rm
    replied
    Originally posted by Loco.M View Post
    I would like to know what the OP did to fix this issue.
    I did start a new thread, but I feel it may be a similar issue as the OP and maybe as cobro.

Leave a comment:

• Loco.M
    replied
    Originally posted by cobro View Post
    I am having the same problem ? what could be wrong here is there a fix for this anytime soon or do we have to get our money back ?

- - - Updated - - -

Why not just try to figure it out here so if there will ever be a solution to this problem then everyone can learn from this
    I would like to know what the OP did to fix this issue.
    I did start a new thread, but I feel it may be a similar issue as the OP and maybe as cobro.

Leave a comment:

• cobro
    replied
    I am having the same problem ? what could be wrong here is there a fix for this anytime soon or do we have to get our money back ?

- - - Updated - - -

Is this an upgrade, Brandon, where the user existed previously, or did you add a new user, do some stuff, logout, and now can't login again? (You really should start your own thread so we can respond just to your issue.)
    Why not just try to figure it out here so if there will ever be a solution to this problem then everyone can learn from this

Leave a comment:

• St0rm
    replied
    Originally posted by Lynne View Post
    If you put in a ticket "Attn: Lynne" with a link to this thread and admin u/p and ftp info, then I can look into this tomorrow.
    Done.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    If a staffer wants a shell account to debug this, just let me know. Need this fixed.
    If you put in a ticket "Attn: Lynne" with a link to this thread and admin u/p and ftp info, then I can look into this tomorrow.

Originally posted by Loco.M View Post
    I'm running into the same problem on my demo, I've checked the suggestions above.
    I can login to admincp and then into the forums, but to just try and log on to the forums as a regular user, it's an endless loop.

Looking for any ideas, thanks.
    Is this an upgrade, Brandon, where the user existed previously, or did you add a new user, do some stuff, logout, and now can't login again? (You really should start your own thread so we can respond just to your issue.)

Leave a comment:

• Loco.M
    replied
    I'm running into the same problem on my demo, I've checked the suggestions above.
    I can login to admincp and then into the forums, but to just try and log on to the forums as a regular user, it's an endless loop.

Looking for any ideas, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• St0rm
    replied
    Can you make sure that neither of your config.php files was saved as UTF-8 (with BOM).

I've reuploaded the .zip and did the editing purely in VIM to ensure no funny encoding went on. It didn't work. I then downloaded my old config file and opened it notepad++ and checked the Encoding menu option, it was checked as "UTF-8 WITHOUT BOM"

Currently:

usweb:/var/www/st0rm.net/forum# file -bi config.php
    text/x-php; charset=utf-8
    usweb:/var/www/st0rm.net/forum# file -bi core/includes/config.php
    text/x-php; charset=utf-8

If a staffer wants a shell account to debug this, just let me know. Need this fixed.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Can you make sure that neither of your config.php files was saved as UTF-8 (with BOM).

Leave a comment:

• St0rm
    replied
    What do you have entered as your core path in your config.php file? Is it a complete path and not just a relative path?

Also, what is in your error_logs (if you don't know where they are, ask your host)?

abc123, if our help for St0rm does not help you out also, then you need to start your own thread with details of your own problem. We can only really help one person per thread or it gets pretty messy.

$config['baseurl_core'] = 'http://www.st0rm.net/forum/core';

$config['core_path'] = '/var/www/st0rm.net/forum/core';

This is correct, as shown here:
    usweb:/var/www/st0rm.net/forum# stat core
    File: `core'
    Size: 4096 Blocks: 8 IO Block: 4096 directory

Im not sure which log you want (PHP errors has more useful info), so here ya go:
    http://www.st0rm.net/apache_errors.log
    http://www.st0rm.net/php_errors.log

And the log file specified in the VB adminCP is empty.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    What do you have entered as your core path in your config.php file? Is it a complete path and not just a relative path?

Also, what is in your error_logs (if you don't know where they are, ask your host)?

abc123, if our help for St0rm does not help you out also, then you need to start your own thread with details of your own problem. We can only really help one person per thread or it gets pretty messy.

Leave a comment: