Cannot seem to get started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot seem to get started

Excuse my ignorance as I'm not the greatest with computers. I have downloaded the software from the zip file for my vBulletin5.1.2. I have made the edits to both config.php files as the instructions say to do. I have uploaded via FileZilla FTP the entire contents of the upload folder on to my site. I get nothing.

I have tried getting tech support, and have not had much luck. I cannot even get a 2 minute phone call to get me squared away. I'm not happy about this. I was asked if I ran the "installer". Where can I find that?

Please excuse my ignorance, but I have been trying for 3 days and cannot get my forum on to the server. Frustrating as heck. I'm sure a 2 minute phone call would resolve this, but they are not willing to call me because I don't have a phone support contract.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by jatepper View Post
    I was asked if I ran the "installer". Where can I find that?
    http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/runinstaller

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

As an initial point, you should install 5.1.3, not 5.1.2. Always use the latest version of your branch.

When you say "you get nothing".....need a bit more information on exactly what is happening....any error messages....what actually happens when you go to yourdomain.com/core/install/install.php
      MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
      AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment