X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DuvalM
    replied
    Let me give you interesting.

I installed a first time. After the config.php things, it would not install. Gave me an error 500. I switch to mysqli and the thing start installing.

Today, after playing with it, I decide to make a fresh install. I wipe the database, wipe the folder, put the files using ftp this time (first time I unzipped on the server) and put the 2 config files in the 2 determined locations. Result was a blank page. No install going. I come back here for advice and read my thread that had new messages and decide to replace the mysqli by mysql. And Bam, it starts working.

it seems a little unstable right now, I think.

Leave a comment:

• Yves Rigaud
    replied
    If an error 500 is returned without any error message, you should check in your error log file. If you don't know where it is, please check with your host.

Leave a comment:

• Hartmut
    replied
    Originally posted by DuvalM View Post
    Up and running. For the people like me who run PHP 5.3 and MySQL 4.1+, don't forget to change "mysql" to "mysqli" or you'll have a 500 error.
    That shouldn't effect a 500 error at all... ???

Leave a comment:

• Andy
    replied
    Originally posted by DuvalM View Post
    For the people like me who run PHP 5.3 and MySQL 4.1+, don't forget to change "mysql" to "mysqli" or you'll have a 500 error.
    I'm running PHP 5.3.17 and MySQL Version 5.5.27 and I have no problems with the following in my config.php file.

$config['Database']['dbtype'] = 'mysql';

Leave a comment:

• DuvalM
    replied
    Up and running. For the people like me who run PHP 5.3 and MySQL 4.1+, don't forget to change "mysql" to "mysqli" or you'll have a 500 error. You may change the messages in the error screen from forum/includes to forum/core/includes

This look weird. I am going to have to get used to it. The change from "forum" to "channel" threw me off for a couple seconds.

Thanks a lot for you help. I'll get use to the rest.

Leave a comment:

• Merjawy
    replied
    You're welcome.

Leave a comment:

• DuvalM
    replied
    Thanks a lot again.

Leave a comment:

• Merjawy
    replied
    It is in the right place, it works just fine. Just rename it to config.php and edit your info and leave it in /forum/core/includes

Leave a comment:

• DuvalM
    replied
    OK, got it. The error message says forum/includes.
    Should it be there or in forum/core/includes?

Thanks for the fast answer above.

Leave a comment:

• Merjawy
    replied
    It's there but different location in vB5
    Look in /upload/core/includes.

Leave a comment:

• DuvalM
    started a topic Missing "config.php.new"

Missing "config.php.new"

The file "config.php.new" is missing from the downloaded archive.

Should I use the one in vb4??