Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failure of mysql during the vb test

Hi,

I have made test on my host before installing the VB5 and I got fail for "MySQL".
    MySQL version is 5.1.73-log

clicking in the word fail showed to me this message:
    vBulletin requires that the mysql username has create, select, update, insert, delete, alter and drop privledges, contact your host and ask them to adjust these privledges.
    What this mean? and what I have to do?

thank you

Your MySQL user doesn't have the permissions it needs. Your webhost should be able to help you create a database and user and assign it o that database.

Comment

I have contacted my webhost and they informed me that you already can create, select, update, insert, delete, alter and drop privileges.

I am not sure what is the reason of getting fail.

I have tried to install the forum but it does not redirect to admincp and also the forum doesn't have any form or colors. I already uploaded .htaccess that came with the package.

Comment

Permissions are granted per database. The user has to have the permissions on the database you're using.

If you've installed and there is no layout or redirects, you need to make sure URL rewrites on your server. This means uploading the included .htaccess for Apache and enabling the mod_rewrite module, or uploading the including the included web.config for IIS and installing Microsoft's URL Rewrite module, or integrating the included vhosts file for NGINX. The first two are included in the main vBulletin upload directory. The last one is in the do_not_upload directory.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X