X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark.B
    replied
    Originally posted by TeamHybrid_webguy View Post
    I have been playing with the VB5 upgrade for over 5 days with no success. i did a clean install on a sub-directory mydomain.com/forums and its not connecting at all. Made the change to the .htaccess , made the change to all files that show the /UPLOAD/ name to reflect my sub-directory /forums/. what am I doing wrong?
    Please start your own thread with full details of the problem.

We'll need all the information specified in this post:
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/node/4005558

Leave a comment:

• TeamHybrid_webguy
    replied
    I have been playing with the VB5 upgrade for over 5 days with no success. i did a clean install on a sub-directory mydomain.com/forums and its not connecting at all. Made the change to the .htaccess , made the change to all files that show the /UPLOAD/ name to reflect my sub-directory /forums/. what am I doing wrong?

Leave a comment:

• Joe D.
    replied
    Did you delete/remove all prior VB3 and VB4 files before uploading the VB5 files? VB5 cannot be installed over an older version, it needs to be installed to a clean directory.

You also must delete your /core/install/ directory before you can use the site.

Leave a comment:

• zmenchhofer
    replied
    upgrade works. . . 3.8 to 4.2 then to 5.x

however site is broke, I have disabled hooks via config.php but still kills the site.

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 355
    Checking if a package is enabled for an invalid package '3' on line 392 in /home/xxx/public_html/community/vb/types.php
    #0 /home/xxx/public_html/community/vb/router.php(514): vB_Types->packageEnabled('3')
    #1 /home/xxx/public_html/community/vb/router.php(577): vB_Router::assertRoutes()
    #2 /home/xxx/public_html/community/vb/route.php(236): vB_Router::getRouteSegmentFromClass('vBCms_Route_Lis...')
    #3 /home/xxx/public_html/community/vb/route.php(260): vB_Route->__construct(false, false)
    #4 /home/xxx/public_html/community/packages/vbcms/route/list.php(92): vB_Route::create('vBCms_Route_Lis...')
    #5 /home/xxx/public_html/community/includes/functions.php(3667): vBCms_Route_List::getURL(Array)
    #6 /home/xxx/public_html/community/includes/functions_forumlist.php(314): construct_memberaction_dropdown(Array)
    #7 /home/xxx/public_html/community/forum.php(611): construct_forum_bit(-1)
    #8 /home/xxx/public_html/community/index.php(43): require('/home/xxx/...')
    #9 {main}

Fatal error: Checking if a package is enabled for an invalid package '3' on line 392 in ..../vb/types.php in ..../vb/vb.php on line 286

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Please restore your database, then upgrade to 4.2.2. Make a new database backup. Once that is done, please run the vBulletin 5.X upgrade. Make sure you're doing a test installation before you update your live server.

You also need PHP to be at least version 5.3.7. However we recommend using PHP 5.4.X or 5.5.X. MySQL must be at least version 5.1.5 but we recommend using MySQL 5.5.X or 5.6.X.

Leave a comment:

• zmenchhofer
    replied
    after trying to rerun the update i get this error.

Code:
    Unexpected Text:  
     <?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>  			Database error in vBulletin 5.0.0:  			Invalid SQL:  				SELECT max(bu.bloguserid) AS maxid 				FROM jelsoft_node n 				INNER JOIN jelsoft_blog_user bu ON bu.bloguserid = n.userid 				WHERE n.oldcontenttypeid = 9999 				AND 				( 					(n.nodeoptions = 138 AND (bu.options <> 6 OR bu.allowsmilie <> 1)) 					OR 					( 					    n.viewperms = 2 AND 					    ( ~bu.options_member & 1 OR ~bu.options_guest & 1 ) 					) 					OR 					( 					    n.commentperms = 1 AND 					    (~bu.options_member & 2) 					) 				) 			 /**getMaxBlogUserIdToFixOptions**/;  			MySQL Error   : Unknown column 'bu.options_member' in 'where clause' 			Error Number  : 1054 			Request Date  : Thursday, September 4th 2014 @ 05:00:40 PM 			Error Date    : Thursday, September 4th 2014 @ 05:00:40 PM 			Script        : http:///community/core/install/upgrade.php 			Referrer      : http://xxx.org/community/core/install/upgrade.php 			IP Address    : xxx 			Username      : Rxxxx 			Classname     : vB_Database_MySQL 			MySQL Version : 5.5.37-cll

Leave a comment:

• zmenchhofer
    started a topic error updating from 3.8.x to 5.x

error updating from 3.8.x to 5.x

everything goes great until we hit the 5.x updates

Upgrading to 5.0.0
    ----------------------------------
    Upgrade Complete

Upgrading to 5.0.1 Alpha 1
    ----------------------------------
    Step 1 - Skipping step, not needed
    Step 2 - Skipping step, not needed
    Step 3 - Updating cron table
    Step 4 - Fixing imported blog information.
    Processed 2000 records
    Fixing imported blog information.
    Processed 2000 records
    Processed 2000 records
    Process done
    Step 5 - Segmentation fault (core dumped)