Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comment button missing on posts (5.1 issue)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captain Atkin
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    What is the link to your site? it looks like the upgrade script wasn't run properly though and your permissions are broken.
    www.hemanworld.com

I ended up getting the comments button to work for the regular users. The "can comment" button that was missing appeared this evening in the Post / Topic Permissions section. Not sure why it was missing earlier (see above picture). Here is an updated screenshot.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    What is the link to your site? it looks like the upgrade script wasn't run properly though and your permissions are broken.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Atkin
    replied

There should never be a comment button on the topic starter or first post. There are only comment buttons on the replies.
    Yes, I know this. It doesn't show up on any of the posts for the regular members. Many of my members are messaging me to ask me what happened to this feature, and I have no answer for them. It was always there before 5.1 was added.

I have set up a dummy account if anyone wants to sign in and take a look at this first hand.

I can't verify this in my installation. Did you check your permissions to make sure the usergroups that should be able to comment have permissions to do so?
    Yes I did. For some reason, in the Post / Topic Permissions section, it won't allow YES to be saved on "Can Reply to Own Topics", and "Can reply to Others' Topics." Every time I click 'yes' and save, it just goes back to 'no'. Could this be causing the issue?

Attached Files
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; Thu 20 Mar '14, 11:50am.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Like I said, I wasn't able to recreate this. Until we can recreate it using a default installation with default style and default language, we can't provide a fix.

There should never be a comment button on the topic starter or first post. There are only comment buttons on the replies.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Atkin
    replied
    Those plugins shouldn't interfere. We would have to look at this and if necessary repair it in the next release.
    As I said, it shows up for me as an Administrator just fine, but not for any of my users. Here is what URLJet staff had to say:

"I created a new style and it shows the comment button. I changed footer code to be sure that wasn't the issue and still no love or comment tag. Next I disabled all hooks to see if it was a mod...guess what...there is a comment button. So it comes down to a conflict between forum runner or vig... Hook are still disabled so the button is working."

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    I can't verify this in my installation. Did you check your permissions to make sure the usergroups that should be able to comment have permissions to do so?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Those plugins shouldn't interfere. We would have to look at this and if necessary repair it in the next release.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Atkin
    replied
    FOLLOW UP: I had URLJet staff look at the problem, and they couldn't fix it. They said that with plugins disabled the comment button works. With them enabled (meaning Forum Runner and viglink) the comment button does not work.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Atkin
    started a topic Comment button missing on posts (5.1 issue)

Comment button missing on posts (5.1 issue)

When a forum member logs in, they can no longer view the comment button in posts. The comment button should appear between the "quote" and ""like" buttons. Right now, it is only showing up for the administrator. No one else can see it anymore since 5.1 was added.

Attached Files