Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgrade Error from 5.0.3 to 5.0.5 (Database Related)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Crivellon
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe D. View Post
    We would suggest you first upgrade to VB 3.8.7 (backup at this point), then to VB 4.2.2, (backup at this point), and finally upgrade to 5.0.5.
    Hi Joe,

My latest attempt I went from 3.7.6 to 3.8.7 to 4.2.2 and still received the exact same error message.

I than rolled back to 4.2.2 and installed 5.0.3 which installed fine and is working in a beta environment. The error appears to be related to the 5.0.4 Upgrade

Leave a comment:

• Joe D.
    replied
    We would suggest you first upgrade to VB 3.8.7 (backup at this point), then to VB 4.2.2, (backup at this point), and finally upgrade to 5.0.5.

Leave a comment:

• James Crivellon
    replied
    Anyone have any insight into this? I'm stuck at this point

Leave a comment:

• James Crivellon
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe D. View Post
    How many posts are in the forum? Does the database size include attachments (meaning- are attachments stored in the database or file system?)
    Yes, Attachments are database stored at the moment. Hence the larger size. Here are the post details

Threads: 251,001, Posts: 3,797,518, Members: 48,008

Leave a comment:

• Joe D.
    replied
    How many posts are in the forum? Does the database size include attachments (meaning- are attachments stored in the database or file system?)

Leave a comment:

• James Crivellon
    started a topic Upgrade Error from 5.0.3 to 5.0.5 (Database Related)

Upgrade Error from 5.0.3 to 5.0.5 (Database Related)

Testing a large upgrade from 3.7.6 to 5.0.5.. Upgrade tool gets to 5.0.3 and aborts itself due to this error.

?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>
    Duplicate entry '19584-15216-ignore' for key 'PRIMARY'

I've read a few posts about making a simple database query to fix that duplicate entry, however I'm unsure where I want to make this change.

The Database is 9.8gb in its backup state