Trying to run after Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to run after Install

Getting the problem in the attached. Been trying to figure it out all day but no luck.

Click image for larger version

Name:	vbprob.png
Views:	29
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	3961817

1) Make sure you uploaded the .htaccess file (assuming your on Apache or a server that uses .htaccess)
    2) If your forum is installed in a sub-folder (www.domain.com/vb/ for example) add the code RewriteBase /vb/ direcrly below the RewriteEngine On line in .htaccess (Change /vb/ to whatever subfolder it is installed in)
    3) Double check the URL set in the config.php file does not end in a slash (/)
    4) Double check the Core URL in Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details is correct (ends in /core) and does NOT end in a slash (/) either.

Comment

Thanks Joe. I've learned there is a difference in UNIX between "vb5" and "VB5". The name of the directory was "VB5" and in the additions to the .htaccess file I had it coded in lowercase.

Thanks for all your help.

Comment

Originally posted by OSTATE View Post
        Thanks Joe. I've learned there is a difference in UNIX between "vb5" and "VB5". The name of the directory was "VB5" and in the additions to the .htaccess file I had it coded in lowercase.

Thanks for all your help.
        what did you put in your .htaccess file? i'm trying to install and i cant even get that far..

Comment

See point 2 in Joe's post above
          Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
          -
          *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
          - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
          - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment