Forum unavailable after domain change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum unavailable after domain change

I changed domains today, my forum went down and still is a few hours later. I had a main domain and an additional domain at my ISP, and just asked them to change so that the additional domain became main. There shouldn't be any need to change the folder structure. I then changed what I thought was the relevant files under public_html and options in AdminCP.

Now it just says can't reach this page and DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN . So, something wrong with DNS. Typing my static IP address in a browser brings me to a sort of login screen without any graphics. I can't reach adminCP at all.

In all likelihood this is an error with my ISP; I just wanted to double check whether I might have forgotten anything important for vBulletin.

You have DNS setup for your domain? The error "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN" is a server / internet routing error, not a vBulletin error. New domain setup can take up to 24 hours.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I did not really suspect vBulletin here, I just had to double-check. Thanks.

Comment