Post being moderated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Bug / Issue] Post being moderated

I have had something strange that is occurring. At some point I began having posts being sent to moderation, all of them are RSS feeds. The moderation setting in RSS feeds is set to "No" to moderate, no users, usergroups, or channel permission are set to moderate posts. I've looked through all the options, and I'm still unable to find a setting that is causing this.

What else am I missing?
    Craig
    Last edited by Craig; Tue 18 Jan '22, 4:17am.
    adktramping ~ my happy place.

"Whoever said practice makes perfect was an idiot. Humans can't be perfect because we're not machines." ~ Sam Gardner.

Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Do you have anti-spam keywords set up under Settings → Spam Management?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

No, no keywords set up.

"Whoever said practice makes perfect was an idiot. Humans can't be perfect because we're not machines." ~ Sam Gardner.

Comment

Are you using Akismet on your site? Is the RSS poster your own account or an account setup purely for that? Is this a new account with no posting history prior to these being moderated?
        Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
        -
        *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
        - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
          Are you using Akismet on your site? Is the RSS poster your own account or an account setup purely for that? Is this a new account with no posting history prior to these being moderated?
          No on use of Akismet
          The rss poster is mine, and other authors which are members that only feed from their own site to mine.
          Not new accounts, had no previous issue.

Comment

Spam moderation kicks in if the number of links in the post exceeds the number set AdminCP.
            VB 5.6.5
            PHP 7.4
            MySQL 5.7.24

Comment

That's not it. Most don't have any.

thank you for the thought.

Comment

I might have found the issue, waiting to see if it duplicates. I will post an update.

Comment

Still an issue unfortunately

Comment

With the information presented I don't know of any reason why these posts would be automatically moderated. I suggest checking channel permissions to make sure the Skip Moderation permissions are set to Yes. You can also put the RSS user into a group with the Exempt posts from Spam checking permission set to Yes.

Wayne Luke
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I'll review and keep plugging at it.

Thank you.

Comment

Well, it was something to do with the channel permissions, which I don't know what it was. One would suspect the Skip Moderation permissions setting, but that was already set to "Yes". It wasn't until the channel permissions were "Reset" that it stopped.

I hate not finding the cause of an issue, it takes away the victorious "YUSS" celebration.

Thanks for the ideas, everyone.

Comment

I would suspect that the issue was the datastore table was out of date. I don't know why it would be out of date as it is should be updated every time a permission is changed.

Wayne Luke
                          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

So this is still an issue. Is it possible that the data table got corrupted? And if so is there a way to reset it or clear some sort of cache file?
                            Craig
                            Last edited by Craig; Sun 23 Jan '22, 3:00am.

Comment

I have uploaded tools.php and ran the "Rebuild Bitfields" since the datastore cache may have been corrupted. Let's see what it returns for results.
                              Craig
                              Last edited by Craig; Sun 23 Jan '22, 3:50am.

Comment