Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Resolved] A Single Threads Post Statistics wrong

Haven't ever seen this before.

There is a single new thread created today that has, so far, just one reply. But when looking at the listing of Today's Topics, it shows no responses under Statistics column, yet it is clearly showing the responders name and date/time data under Last Post.

I've already run Rebuild Topic Information and that didn't fix this.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by paknakal; Tue 7 Dec '21, 11:21am.

Some information is cached and this is normal behavior. Special consideration is given to "Last Post" info so it updates quicker.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Okay, but how long should it take? I've never seen a post made to a new thread that didn't reflect instantly. Our forum isn't huge, and daily activity isn't a tax on our resources in any way at all. The thread was started at 2:53 AM today with the reply at 6:58 AM today, both our local time. It's now 11:15 AM our local time and the Statistics for this thread are still wrong,

Should I just empty/rebuild the cache?

Comment

Should only take about 5 minutes. If you're using external caching like Varnish or even Cloudflare, then it could take longer. You can try deleting the cache in the AdminCP under Maintenance.

If you include all the information in your original request, our answers will take it into account and provide better support options. Providing screenshots without context text such as time passed does not allow us to provide optimal support. Screenshots rarely help with technical support since they only show the problem and do not say anything about what lead up to the problem.

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Just now finished the search index rebuild. Don't know if that had an effect, but looking at that thread now; it now has two replies; the Statistics for it are showing correct: 2 responses.

Comment

Replies are counted by the nodes attached to the parent.

Search index shouldn't really have much to deal with it. Indexing the search index blows the node apart based on word break characters and then does two things... 1) it sees if the word exists in the word index and 2) it add a record for each word saying it in a node, whether it is in the title, and creates a relevance score (words closer to the node start or occurring more often are more relevant). The search index doesn't keep track of how many children a node has.

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Just prior to deleting/rebuilding the search index, I cleared the system cache. I checked the Statistics on the thread afterwards, but it was still incorrect. So I don't know what fixed it, unless having the second post reply 'kicked something loose'.

Comment

Then, I don't know why it wasn't updating or why it updated suddenly...

Wayne Luke
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment