Linked titles in search modules?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linked titles in search modules?

Is there a way to make the displayed title of a search module on a page linkable?
    Last edited by imager; Wed 30 Jun '21, 2:28pm.

I don't understand the use case...
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• imager
      imager commented
      Editing a comment
      'a' page was missing, which I have edited in. Basically the search module displays, in my use, the x most recent topics in a channel. The module title is the same as the channel it relates to. I'd like to make that title clickable so it takes you to the channel itself.

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    I don't understand the use case...
    I'd like to provide a link to the channel the results are contained in.

Comment

The channel should be shown if your turn on the "Display Post Footer Links" in the search module options. I am still unclear why you would want the module title would be the link. Module titles shouldn't link to anything. They aren't actually content.

Wayne Luke
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Basically, while the module shows the latest activity in a channel, it doesn't provide a way of going to that channel without having to open one of the results displayed. If someone wants to create a new topic in that channel they have to find it elsewhere. If the title provided a link to that channel it would be much easier. I am convinced that some members have lost interest in posting a new topic because of the overhead of trying to find the channel where the new topic button can be accessed. Does that make sense?

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2021-07-05 at 11.54.20.png Views:	0 Size:	77.0 KB ID:	4458749
          If I click on "Support Issues and Questions" in the module represented by the image to the left, It will take me directly to that channel. If I click on a topic title, it will take me to the topic.

This module has "Show Post Footer Links" set to Yes and is using the default display for the module. You can see this module on the home page of these forums.

You don't show your list of forums anywhere? Either using the Forum Home module, the /forums/ page, or a channel navigation module?

Wayne Luke
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thanks for that - it may be useful in some areas but most of my search modules return results from one channel so displaying a link to that channel probably won't look great repeated in every entry.

Comment

There is no way to link the module title to a page.

Wayne Luke
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I suggest creating a feature request allowing you to link a search module to a specific page.

Wayne Luke
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment