Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Link with a Youtube link

Hi,

Just to report a small issue under 15/70/15 by using Post Link with a Youtube link. This also happens in 25/50/25.

Best Regards
    Attached Files

It was on a 28 inch monitor. It's better on a 32 inch,

Attached Files

Comment

I am guessing that you're using a width that is different than the 1200 pixel max width for the container. If you're not using the default max width, then the monitor size should be irrelevant. Resolution would be more important. The column would be relatively wider on a 24 inch monitor with a 3840 X 2160 resolution than on a 32 inch monitor with a 1920 X 1080 pixel resolution.

With a 1200 pixel max width, the 15% column would be about 180 pixels. I say about because there are margins and borders which subtract from the box of available space.

If you are using a variable width (i.e. 90%) then it will be difficult to control how the 15% columns look across multiple devices. An HD (1920 X 1080) monitor would have about 267.3 pixels for the 15% column. A 4K (3840 X 2160) monitor would have about 534.6 pixels. However, I can only guess here since I can't see the entire page and there is no way to determine the ratios used. Though I don't think that people with very high resolution monitors will always use the browser full screen. So their sizes will vary. I keep my browser at about 1600 pixels wide unless I am watching video.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Yes, the margin is 100% in 25/50/25 and everything is in %. This is probably the reason. I will be doing some tests using the default 1200 px and 1600 px.

I have tested on 28 inch HD monitor and 32 inch 4K monitor. It's a minor issue because the sidebars are 100% OK for the rest.

Thank you very much!
        Last edited by lange; Wed 9 Jun '21, 9:49am.

Comment

Personally, I prefer a 1600px width in vBulletin. This gives enough space in a 25% column for wider advertisements and some white space. Though you need to resize the ad modules for smaller screens. This can be done with module display sizes and/or CSS.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment