Problem in updating Channel URLs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem in updating Channel URLs

Hello. I created a new channel called "Test-3" from the "Add New Channel" menu.

Click image for larger version

Name:	vb-1.png
Views:	95
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	4457112

Then I changed the channel name I created to "Test-333" from the "Channel Manager-> Edit Channel" menu. My channel renaming was successful when I refreshed the site.

Name:	vb-2.png
Views:	58
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	4457113

But when I entered the channel and checked the address bar in my browser, the old channel name was still displayed there (Test-3), while I had changed the name to "Test-333". But the changes I made in the browser's address bar were not updated and the old address is still displayed.
    PHP Code:
    http://mysite.com/test-vb-forum/test-3 

To fix the problem, I went to the "Edit Page-> Save Page" menu and saw the "Page URL" section, where the old name was still displayed.

Name:	vb-3.png
Views:	63
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	4457114

When I changed my old channel name to a new one in the "Page URL" section, the channel address was also updated in my browser's bar address, and I could view my channel address with a new and desired name and address. (test-333)
    PHP Code:
    http://mysite.com/test-vb-forum/test-333 

My question is, why aren't these changes applied to the URL when I change the channel name through the "Edit Channel" menu? But when the changes we make in the URLs are updated through the "Edite Page" menu?

Changing URLs will affect your search engine rankings and most people don't actually care what the URL actually is. It is up to the site owner to manage their own URLs and the content on their site. Doing it otherwise would result in more complaints.

There is a request in the Issue Tracker to add the ability to update the URL within the Channel Manager in the AdminCP. It hasn't received many community votes so hasn't been promoted to the developers for inclusion - https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-17203
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Hello. I wrote one of forum Node's name wrong. I want to correct it and enter right name from "Edit Page-> Save Page" and save the changes but after dubble check i found that it's displaying with old wrong name in URL and new correct name did not apply.

Again, i went to "Edit Page-> Save Page" but again i saw the old wrong name meanwhile i entered new name in Page URL for my Node and i save the changes at last.

Where is the Problem?

Comment

Sounds like you didn't finish saving the first time.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thanks for your reply. sure i finished saving in the first time. i tested it on a new fresh vbulletin, if it's needed i can send you documents.

Comment