Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copy and Paste any post

Hey good community members,

I seem to be having an issue that I'm not sure if it's me (maybe I missed something) or it's a bug. Did some searches and didn't find anything. I try not to post unless I really need help so here we are.

Self-hosted 5.6.4 Patch Level 1 www.discoverXS.com

I noticed a couple of upgrades ago that the ability to copy and paste any post has stopped functioning. It's not a major issue but would be nice if it was functional.

Did I accidentally turn on some type of copy protection?

Maybe it's a server issue but don't have this issue on any other site.

Suggestions or lead me to a fix would very much be appreciated.

www.DiscoverXS.com - Putting the XS back into life™
    The first Pheromone Research community based on vBulletin Verion 5.x

Hey good community members,

I seem to be having an issue that I'm not sure if it's me (maybe I missed something) or it's a bug. Did some searches and didn't find anything. I try not to post unless I really need help so here we are.

Self-hosted 5.6.4 Patch Level 1 www.discoverXS.com

I noticed a couple of upgrades ago that the ability to copy and paste any post has stopped functioning. It's not a major issue but would be nice if it was functional.

Did I accidentally turn on some type of copy protection?

Maybe it's a server issue but don't have this issue on any other site.

Suggestions or lead me to a fix would very much be appreciated.

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I copied and pasted your post above. Can you be more specific on your problem? There is nothing in a default vBulletin install that prevents using the copy and paste capabilities of your computer and/or browser.

Wayne Luke
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thanks, Wayne for the help. I should have been more specific. On my forum, in which the link is provided, my account (an admin but not the super admin account) cannot copy and paste any threads. All other accounts work fine, it's just my account that for some reason cannot.

I'm wondering if I somehow configured those permissions wrong somewhere and if so where. I've looked through pretty much everywhere I could think of and haven't found a setting for it.

www.DiscoverXS.com - Putting the XS back into life™
        The first Pheromone Research community based on vBulletin Verion 5.x

Comment

There are vBulletin contains no permissions to control copy and pasting. These are operating and browser level features. We couldn't actually block it if we wanted to, which we don't. I suggest looking at your browser settings.

Wayne Luke
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment