Align left with bullets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Bug / Issue] Align left with bullets

I'm not sure if this was reported previously, a quick search in the bug editor didn't return anything to me.

The bullets do not have much space next to imagery.

v5.6.4

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	11 Size:	23.9 KB ID:	4455902

Last edited by NumNum; Thu 8 Apr '21, 9:56am.
    adktramping ~ my happy place.

"Whoever said practice makes perfect was an idiot. Humans can't be perfect because we're not machines." ~ Sam Gardner.

Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Issues like that are often browser related. Have you observed this on different browsers and different screen sizes? Does non-bulleted text exhibit the same behavior?
    VB 5.6.4
    PHP 7.4
    MySQL 5.7.24

Comment

Originally posted by OrganForum View Post
      Issues like that are often browser-related. Have you observed this on different browsers and different screen sizes? Does non-bulleted text exhibit the same behavior?
      The same issue appears on Firefox, Edge.

Not a problem with non-bullet.

Screen resolution 1366x768 (recommended).

Browser zoom is 100%.

Win10.

"Whoever said practice makes perfect was an idiot. Humans can't be perfect because we're not machines." ~ Sam Gardner.

Comment

Try adding this to your css_additional.css template:

.restore ul > li {list-style: disc inside;}
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

That addresses the issue. Thank you.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	55
Size:	5.4 KB
ID:	4455911

Is this a bug? If so I can open a bug in the tracker.

Comment

Well... It is hard to say or not. We do a CSS Reset to remove browser based CSS display. Then when it is needed, like in a post, we do a restore. This should make it work properly.

Three things I noticed with this:
            • The image should have a 1 em margin on all sides except the left. I would debate that alone. There should be a margin on the left in my opinion.
            • Lists (ul, ol, dl) should have a 2 em margin on the left and a 1 em margin on other sides.
            • The restore CSS that vBulletin uses, sets list markers to the "outside" position. This will align all text to the left in an LTR presentation. Though the commonly accepted default would be to use inside.
            Going by the first two points above, there should be 3 ems between the image and the list or 'mmm' space between the two items. This doesn't seem to be happening on display but I can't say the CSS is causing the conflict.

The last is explained here: https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/pr_...e-position.asp

Can it be improved? Most likely. Is it a bug? Too many variables to determine. Even the fix above doesn't resolve the margin issue.
            Last edited by Wayne Luke; Thu 8 Apr '21, 11:29am.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

It doesn't sound like a bug if it's doing as designed.

For what it's worth I agree there should be a margin on the left of any list, regardless if aligned next to an image or not. That small indent looks professional and is more appealing.

Thanks for the incite and help with this.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X