Where Can I find the user manual?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where Can I find the user manual?

I'm trying to locate the manual for VB5 connect. I thought I used it once, but if I did, I can't remember where the link is. I was just trying to find out what a slider module is.

https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html

Comment

Thanks; that does help, however I still couldn't figure out what a content slider module refers to. Doesn't seem to be in the appendix or anything

Comment

It shows your featured content in a slideshow.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

OK, that's nice to know, but is there anywhere in the manual this can be found? also trying to find out what this is, because nothing shows up about in any profile fields that I can see
          Number of friends to display in the small friends block
          The Number of Friends to display in the Small Friends Block on the Users' Profile Pages

Comment

Module options should be self-explanatory. AdminCP options have help built into the system.

There is no "Friend's Block" in vBulletin 5. There is nothing called a Block anywhere in vBulletin 5. Make sure you're using the correct version of the manual. There is a version selector in the left column of the display.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
              Module options should be self-explanatory. AdminCP options have help built into the system.

There is no "Friend's Block" in vBulletin 5. There is nothing called a Block anywhere in vBulletin 5. Make sure you're using the correct version of the manual. There is a version selector in the left column of the display.
              Apparently they mean those blocks in the groups area. I was also searching for a method to control who can or can't create groups. Does that permission exist?
              Edited to ask if there's a way to prohibit users from creating groups, or how many groups they can create, and whether that permission would also affect their ability to create bloge. As in can you give permissions to create blogs, but limit or prohibit them from creating groups?
              Last edited by AyatollahGondola; Wed 7 Apr '21, 7:04pm.

Comment

Originally posted by AyatollahGondola View Post

Apparently they mean those blocks in the groups area. I was also searching for a method to control who can or can't create groups. Does that permission exist?
                Edited to ask if there's a way to prohibit users from creating groups, or how many groups they can create, and whether that permission would also affect their ability to create bloge. As in can you give permissions to create blogs, but limit or prohibit them from creating groups?
                AdminCP > Channel Management > Channel Permissions
                Scroll down to Groups
                Click on the relevant usergroup under the 'Groups' section
                Under Channel Permissions on the bottom, set "Can Create Channels" to "No", and save.
                This does not affect Blogs which are under a separate section.
                MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
                AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post

AdminCP > Channel Management > Channel Permissions
                  Scroll down to Groups
                  Click on the relevant usergroup under the 'Groups' section
                  Under Channel Permissions on the bottom, set "Can Create Channels" to "No", and save.
                  This does not affect Blogs which are under a separate section.
                  I was meaning specific users, not just groups

Comment