No announcement yet.

PHP Fatal Error on Call to a member function hasAdminPermission() on null

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Bug / Issue] PHP Fatal Error on Call to a member function hasAdminPermission() on null

Hi Recently i have this issue. anyone can help? i did not change anything except remove FPM from my php 7.4 due to cacheevent database issue

. It was few weeks ago.

[23-Mar-2021 14:09:44 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function hasAdminPermission() on null in phar:///home/dplayboy/public_html/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/wrapper.php:254 Stack trace: #0 /home/dplayboy/public_html/forum/includes/api/interface/collapsed.php(105): vB_Api_Wrapper->__call('fetchCurrentUse...', Array) #1 /home/dplayboy/public_html/forum/includes/vb5/user.php(52): Api_Interface_Collapsed->callApi('user', 'fetchCurrentUse...', Array) #2 /home/dplayboy/public_html/forum/includes/vb5/user.php(41): vB5_User->__construct() #3 /home/dplayboy/public_html/forum/includes/vb5/user.php(76): vB5_User::instance() #4 /home/dplayboy/public_html/forum/includes/vb5/string.php(384): vB5_User::get('lang_charset') #5 /home/dplayboy/public_html/forum/includes/vb5/applicationabstract.php(867): vB5_String::getTempCharset() #6 /home/dplayboy/public_html/forum/includes/vb5/applicationabstract.php(422): vB5_ApplicationAbstract:repJsonSend(Array) #7 /home/dplayboy/public_html/forum/includes/vb5/applicationabstract.php(309): vB5_ApplicationAbst in phar:///home/dplayboy/public_html/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/wrapper.php on line 254 [23-Mar-2021 14:09:44 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function hasAdminPermission() on null in phar:///home/dplayboy/public_html/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/wrapper.php:254
    Hosting: HostGator dedicated server
    cloudflare enabled
    PHP: 7.4
    MySQL: 5.7
    Vb5: 5.6.3

What are you trying to do when you get the error?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      What are you trying to do when you get the error?
      Hi Wayne, i do not know what to do. that's why i am asking here. Is this error critical? should i get it solved?
      cloudflare enabled

Comment

Yeah it should be solved. However, the message you posted will not help get it solved. Permission checks happen in thousands of locations in the software. There is no way to tell what caused it in the stack trace. It is an API call.

To know what caused the error, I asked what you were doing in the software when the error occurred. What buttons were you clicking on? What task were you trying to do? This is vital information that only you know. Without knowing what you were doing, there is no way to solve the issue. Hence "What were you doing when the error occurred?"

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
          Yeah it should be solved. However, the message you posted will not help get it solved. Permission checks happen in thousands of locations in the software. There is no way to tell what caused it in the stack trace. It is an API call.

To know what caused the error, I asked what you were doing in the software when the error occurred. What buttons were you clicking on? What task were you trying to do? This is vital information that only you know. Without knowing what you were doing, there is no way to solve the issue. Hence "What were you doing when the error occurred?"
          hi Wayne, i extracted it from error log file at forum root directory. i am not sure what trigger this error. any suggestion for me to do further check?
          cloudflare enabled

Comment

It is an admin permission check on a null userid. I do not know what could have triggered the call unless someone was trying to prob the system from the outside.

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment