In https icons load too slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    Your score is low due primarily due the time it takes this device to run Javascript. Specifically jQueury, which is loaded off of Google's CDN. You should try a different CDN for this file or load it from your server. You can do this in the AdminCP under Settings -> Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options. So I think that your icon images are the wrong thing to look at.
    Ouch! I've just made a CSS sprite image combining all my 36 channel icons using this tool: https://www.toptal.com/developers/css/sprite-generator/ hoping to solve the problem.

BTW I don't know how to make this image work in the homepage.

In example, I've this code, where do I have to insert it?

.bg-master_3 {
    width: 50px; height: 50px;
    background: url('css_sprites.png') -200px -150px;
    }
    Last edited by Bmst; Wed 31 Mar '21, 12:16am.

Comment

I don't have code handy to use a sprite here. It would require code changes to the templates to remove the existing images, add in a spacer, and then use a background image in the image's place. The current templates aren't set up for this. In addition, you would need a separate sprite to handle unread forum statuses.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Bmst View Post
        OK, I did it, thanks for your help Wayne. I had to point to ./myfolder
        I was missing the . before the / 🙄

Clearly there is an improvement, but the evaluation is still not good.

BEFORE

Click image for larger version Name:	before.png Views:	0 Size:	21.5 KB ID:	4455587

AFTER

Click image for larger version Name:	after.png Views:	0 Size:	21.2 KB ID:	4455588
        Today I changed the hosting company, maybe it's a coincidence... or maybe not. I will see in the next days.

Click image for larger version

Name:	c-val.png
Views:	36
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	4455692

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X