No announcement yet.

Removing all attachment comments as all attachments got "lost"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Bug / Issue] Removing all attachment comments as all attachments got "lost"

Hello everyone.

Unfortunately I have lost all of the PHPBB forums attachments, and would like to know if there is a query that I can run in phpMyAdmin which will allow me to delete all of the text, or information connected to the attachments. So this means that I would like to remove such boxes from all posts which feature attachments that are 404 (screenshot bellow)

If the 404 is not possible then I would like to remove all of them, and keep the ones which are showing images from other websites/servers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	att.JPG
Views:	92
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	4454353

Screenshot is based on this page:
    http://granturismo.pl/forum/forum/%C...9cia-dj-brabus

The file links look like something in this nature:
    http://granturismo.pl/forum/filedata...tnodeid=201302
    or like this in the admin panel
    http://granturismo.pl/forum/filedata/fetch?id=201302

I will greatly appreciate it if you guys could let me know what is possible.

Thanks!

I don't have a specific set of queries available that won't cause additional problems.

You can delete missing attachments in the AdminCP under Attachments -> Search. I suggest starting with the oldest attachments.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      I don't have a specific set of queries available that won't cause additional problems.

You can delete missing attachments in the AdminCP under Attachments -> Search. I suggest starting with the oldest attachments.
      Thank you for the tip.
      I really appreciate it.

12K of attachments seems like a lot of work. Do you have some hack which will show all 12K entries, or atleast 1K entries at a time so that I can tick a box 'select all' and press delete? A such "view feature" might help others too. Perhaps something that we can incorporate in the future VB update?

Comment

I don't have any hacks and attachment storage in the database is convoluted to say the least...

Showing a list of 1000 objects will crash browsers on most devices available today. Other feature enhancements or requests can be entered into our Issue Tracker for consideration. The link is in the header on this page.

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Is there a field somewhere in the code which I can change the value from 10 to 100 entries?
          That will make me happy.

Comment

I have upgraded to the latest version and there is a such feature.
            Select all works in FIrefox but it doesn't want to work in Chrome.

Please add this to your to-do list.
            Last edited by PiotrGT1; Sat 6 Mar '21, 4:53am.

Comment

Select All on the Attachment page works in the Chromium-based browser that I use. Please make sure that you're not blocking Javascript via a browser extension.

Wayne Luke
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment