Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    If you want the attachment to show as an thumbnail, then click "Thumbnail". Clicking on the image will open it in the lightbox. Clicking on the image in the lightbox, it should open on the original issue. This is all by design. The JSON code is required by the software to understand what to do with the image.

Attachments and the [img] bbcode are two completely different things. You should not use the [img] bbcode with attachments. Use the tools provided.

Leave a comment:

• Rouar
    replied
    We are experiencing similar issues specific to Articles attachments. The problems seem to be related to this json feature.

I am doing a POC against the Articles feature and so far it is not proving viable.

This is my test post and attached is the post in edit mode showing the bbcode. There are three problems:
    • You can see the first four "attachments" got turned into URLs and I have no idea how.
    • Article Attachment permissions are wonky at best. If you click the link, it is likely (but not always true) that you will not see the images. Likewise, if you are a registered user, it is likely (but not always true) that you will see the images. Attachment permissions are set for all roles except guest.
    • When role is not allowed to download attachments, I cannot delete them in Edit Mode (the pane is missing).
    I have a few steps to recreate and will include them in the bug, although the scenario to achieve the first scenario above is unknown.

I strongly suspect that the issues lie in the code block that somevbuser1 identified and commented-out, and am tempted to do the same on our board.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    However you see it, it won't get changed without creating an issue report in our bug tracker.

Leave a comment:

• somevbuser1
    replied
    vb5 can't handle simple [img] tag...

Basically you can't add clickable BB thumb to the post.
    Sorry you can add it just once, but after editing it crashes.

So, don't tell me please this is a feature.
    phpBB can handle it

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    It isn't a bug. It is a design feature. I have no investment whatsoever if it is changed. If I create a issue report and the devs ask me why then I will say "I don't know. Some customer wants it to work this way." It won't get fixed. If you create the issue and the developers ask for clarification, you can give it.

In all my tests, it works as it is designed to work. You want it to work differently. You need to sell that. I have more important issues that need to be worked on by the developers.

Leave a comment:

• somevbuser1
    replied
    I don't get it.
    I showed you a possible bug and fix for it.
    Could you send it to devs?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    What you're "patching" is designed functionality... If you want it to change, you'll have to create a issue requesting an improvement or feature request along with text to explain what you want. Nothing is going to change on a Youtube video with no sound or a concrete list of steps of what you want.

Leave a comment:

• somevbuser1
    replied
    I spent couple of hours and i think i made the fix which fits my needs i think:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cswx6CQQaM0

Will you patch it?
    It looks like extra-bug feature.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    It will load the image in the Lightbox... Clicking on the image in the lightbox will open the full image wherever it is stored. That is by design and by the request of many customers.

Leave a comment:

• somevbuser1
    replied
    Type this, click source and back then - you will get (json body, parsed byt script cant paste it):
    Code:
    [IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/forum.vbulletin.com\/images\/misc\/vbulletin5_logo.png"}[/IMG2]
    When u use [img] with [url] it ruins the thumb functionality.

Go to the https://nightly.ckeditor.com/21-04-13-06-04/full/samples/ and do a test on 'stock' ckeditor.
    Nothing change.

It is not normal when editor ruins the post of body.
    I have thousands of posts with [img][/img] - it is a old school, basic BB code which works on every board, but not on vb5. So?
    I spend many dolars for this? Really?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied

The above is this code entered into the editor:

[img]https://forum.vbulletin.com/images/misc/vbulletin5_logo.png[/img]

If you use the "Insert Image" tool, it will be treated as an attachment by default and gain the functionality of such.

Leave a comment:

• somevbuser1
    replied
    Are you trying to tell that vbulletin 5 can't handle proper [img] bbcode during the edition?
    So it won't be fixed?

It crashes even on your installation:
    https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...fter-post-edit

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Yes... The JSON strings are supposed to be there. They tell the client how the image is supposed to be displayed. You can drag and drop these images, align them left and right, and resize them. All using Javascript and your mouse. That is what the JSON string contains. The Javascript in the web client is supposed to make sure that the image is loaded properly. It is exactly how it works on all vBulletin 5 sites.

I haven't been able to recreate the issue on a default installation.

I will add that if the JSON says "base:64" in it then the user did not upload the image to vBulletin. They copied (CTRL/CMD-C) and pasted (CTRL/CMD-V) the image into their post. This is not supported. Users can drag images into the attachment panel and drop them where specified to have them uploaded. If the Attachment Panel is not visible, it will appear automatically when you drag an image over the editor.
    Last edited by Wayne Luke; Fri 9 Apr '21, 9:23am.

Leave a comment:

• somevbuser1
    replied
    This is not a solution.
    We were using vb4 for almost 10 years and all were fine.

Now, when users edits the posts it ruins the structure by adding some JSON strings.
    Example as you remember: https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...fter-post-edit

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Bug Genie log in should be fixed. I can't recreate attachments disappearing from articles. Although, my test database is often reset. Make sure you're actually attaching images. Don't use copy and paste or references to images on other sites.

Leave a comment: