No announcement yet.

Article attachments vanishes v5.6.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It will load the image in the Lightbox... Clicking on the image in the lightbox will open the full image wherever it is stored. That is by design and by the request of many customers.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I spent couple of hours and i think i made the fix which fits my needs i think:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cswx6CQQaM0

Will you patch it?
      It looks like extra-bug feature.

Comment

What you're "patching" is designed functionality... If you want it to change, you'll have to create a issue requesting an improvement or feature request along with text to explain what you want. Nothing is going to change on a Youtube video with no sound or a concrete list of steps of what you want.

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I don't get it.
          I showed you a possible bug and fix for it.
          Could you send it to devs?

Comment

It isn't a bug. It is a design feature. I have no investment whatsoever if it is changed. If I create a issue report and the devs ask me why then I will say "I don't know. Some customer wants it to work this way." It won't get fixed. If you create the issue and the developers ask for clarification, you can give it.

In all my tests, it works as it is designed to work. You want it to work differently. You need to sell that. I have more important issues that need to be worked on by the developers.

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

vb5 can't handle simple [img] tag...

Basically you can't add clickable BB thumb to the post.
              Sorry you can add it just once, but after editing it crashes.

So, don't tell me please this is a feature.
              phpBB can handle it

Comment

However you see it, it won't get changed without creating an issue report in our bug tracker.

Wayne Luke
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

We are experiencing similar issues specific to Articles attachments. The problems seem to be related to this json feature.

I am doing a POC against the Articles feature and so far it is not proving viable.

This is my test post and attached is the post in edit mode showing the bbcode. There are three problems:
                  • You can see the first four "attachments" got turned into URLs and I have no idea how.
                  • Article Attachment permissions are wonky at best. If you click the link, it is likely (but not always true) that you will not see the images. Likewise, if you are a registered user, it is likely (but not always true) that you will see the images. Attachment permissions are set for all roles except guest.
                  • When role is not allowed to download attachments, I cannot delete them in Edit Mode (the pane is missing).
                  I have a few steps to recreate and will include them in the bug, although the scenario to achieve the first scenario above is unknown.

I strongly suspect that the issues lie in the code block that somevbuser1 identified and commented-out, and am tempted to do the same on our board.
                  Attached Files

Comment

If you want the attachment to show as an thumbnail, then click "Thumbnail". Clicking on the image will open it in the lightbox. Clicking on the image in the lightbox, it should open on the original issue. This is all by design. The JSON code is required by the software to understand what to do with the image.

Attachments and the [img] bbcode are two completely different things. You should not use the [img] bbcode with attachments. Use the tools provided.

Wayne Luke
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment