Edit page "URL is already used"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Bug / Issue] Edit page "URL is already used"

Hello, I'm editing URLs on my forum manually and I get this error "This URL is already used. Please correct this problem."

The problem is the existing sub-forum at that address was deleted and now I would like to create again the same one with the same address and that way I get that error, but at the moment at that address which I would like to use is nothing existing.

Im think the page is still in the "system" because when I try to access the page I get:
    Code:
    That action could not be completed. Please try again, and if this occurs again please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message.
    And I get this error if I create a new channe/sub-foruml for a forum:
    Code:
    Error: Duplicate route data: universitati/bucuresti/UNARTE/arte\-plastice(?:(?:/|^)page(?P
    [0-9]+))?
    How I can solve this problem?
    Last edited by claudiucjc; Wed 17 Feb '21, 7:30am.

Did you delete the channel? Change its URL? or Move it to a new location?

I ask because the system behaves differently in these cases. The last two cases cause 301 redirects to be created to the new locations, it doesn't delete the old URL routes.

In the first case, the channel and all of its children will be deleted and the records should be removed from the system.

However, in all cases, the system should try to work around duplicate URLs by adding a unique suffix to any duplicates. Why your system didn't will most likely depend on your server and database configuration. Make sure you're using a database user that can delete content from the database. If you are using multiple databased servers (not really recommended) then you need to make sure all servers sync as quickly as possible.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      Did you delete the channel? Change its URL? or Move it to a new location?

I ask because the system behaves differently in these cases. The last two cases cause 301 redirects to be created to the new locations, it doesn't delete the old URL routes.

In the first case, the channel and all of its children will be deleted and the records should be removed from the system.
      I have deleted the channel, but I'm not sure if before this I tried to move to different lcation change the URL and after move back in that location, but anyway after I deleted the whole channel with all sub-forums.

It is a way to find the URL manually and delete it?

Here is the URL which I want to change and doesn't work:
      Code:
      https://unistudent.ro/universitati/bucuresti/UNARTE/arte-decorative-si-design-aa
      Later edit: This link was created from Edit page, before deleting the whole channel with the sub-forums.
      and I would like to change the above URL with:
      Code:
      https://unistudent.ro/universitati/bucuresti/UNARTE/Arte-Decorative

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      However, in all cases, the system should try to work around duplicate URLs by adding a unique suffix to any duplicates. Why your system didn't will most likely depend on your server and database configuration. Make sure you're using a database user that can delete content from the database. If you are using multiple databased servers (not really recommended) then you need to make sure all servers sync as quickly as possible.
      I'm looking in phpMyAdmin and I have this:
      information_schema
      sitename_namevbull
      Last edited by claudiucjc; Wed 17 Feb '21, 8:38am.

Comment