404 not found error when open a topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 404 not found error when open a topic

Hello my friends. recently i have found that when i open one of forum topics, it returns 404 not found page.

Click image for larger version  Name:	404-1.png Views:	0 Size:	35.9 KB ID:	4453696

i checked it and i can see this topic in sub-forum list, but it did not open and returned 404 not found.

Click image for larger version  Name:	404-2.png Views:	0 Size:	88.9 KB ID:	4453697

even i checked database and i found its NodeID with its contents but i dont know what happen to the topic?

where is problem from? 404 is one of web server error. but if nginx has any problem, all my topic must faced with problem and not just one topic? please help me solved the problem

What happens if you go to /node/4216?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Chrome ?

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
        What happens if you go to /node/4216?
        It will be redirected to the link above in the photo and will display the 404 error again.

Comment

What is the result of this query:

SELECT urlident FROM node WHERE nodeid=4216

Wayne Luke
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

The output of the command is as follows :
            PHP Code:
            MariaDB [(none)]> use DB_Test;
            Database changed

MariaDB 
            [DB_Test]>
            MariaDB [DB_Test]> SELECT urlident FROM node WHERE nodeid=4216;
            ERROR 1146 (42S02): Table 'DB_Test.node' doesn't exist 

Comment

Then you're using a table prefix and you've been around long enough to know you need to add that to the table name in any query.

Wayne Luke
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

You were absolutely right. I'm sorry. The query you mentioned was executed and found that node in the database.

PHP Code:
                MariaDB [DB_Test]> SELECT urlident FROM prifixnode WHERE nodeid=4216;
                +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
                urlident |
                +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
                1000-دستور-کاربردی-برای-اوبونتو-Ùˆ-دبیان-دانلود-کتاب-آموزش-لینوکس-اوبونتو-pdf |
                1 row in set (0.001 sec

Comment

That isn't a valid URL. I am guessing your site is not using a UTF8MB4 database.

You'll need to turn on either Route by NodeID or Use ASCII Characters in URLs under Settings -> Options -> Site URL and Routing in vBulletin 5.6.4.

Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

from the options you said "Route Channels and Conversations by Node ID" works and topic will be displayed by nodeid, but it cause that all of my forum links change from normal address to node/id form : "https://site.com/forum/node/nodeid"

and this event has bad effect on my site seo

Comment

Well if it works, you can change the title of the topic, resave it, and turn route by nodeid off.

If left on, it really shouldn't affect SEO long term though because vBulletin will use a 301 redirect for every single incoming URL. Though user convenience and the ability to access content should always come before SEO concerns.

Wayne Luke
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

you are right. i changed title and resave but there is no result.

my topic title was "functional commands for ubuntu and debian pdf ebook download ", when i deleted "pdf" word from the title, it becomes ok and topic loaded successfully.

i checked this case with creating a new topic with a title contain "pdf" word, again 404 not found for this topic, after deleting pdf from title every things goes well.

is there any problem with pdf word in title in vbulletin ?

Comment

Seems to be be an issue on your site: functional commands for ubuntu and debian pdf ebook download - vBulletin Community Forum

However, the link wasn't exactly that text as evidenced by the posts above and the URL in the first post. It was in a non-english format and most likely not working due to the lack of UTF-8 support on your site. My guess is on the UTF-8 characters in your URL is issuing a hard stop of some sort when an attempt to convert it to ASCII HTML Entities is applied and breaking the URL.

Wayne Luke
                          vBulletin 5 API

Comment