Editing Sub-Forum URLs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing Sub-Forum URLs

Where are the URLs stored in the database?

We are trying to edit some of the sub-forum URL structures.

At times it times out, depending on the sub-forum (maybe due to size).

So when you try again it says - This URL is already used. Please correct this problem - but the old structure is still showing.

What database table is storing these?

Originally posted by boxingtalk View Post
    Where are the URLs stored in the database?

We are trying to edit some of the sub-forum URL structures.

At times it times out, depending on the sub-forum (maybe due to size).

So when you try again it says - This URL is already used. Please correct this problem - but the old structure is still showing.

What database table is storing these?

Just a follow. I posted on different account as I forgot the password to this one for a moment and had to change.

More or less the old structure is still showing, although it keeps telling me "This URL is already used" when I try to change it after a timeout occurs.

They have be stored somewhere, but I can't find the exact table or server file.

Please advise.

Comment

Something else is going on. The software doesn't store a URL for every single topic in a channel. It is a regex and handled with a URL Ident. This allows quick updating if topics are moved from one channel to another. Plus it allows you to move items from any channel type to another.

You would need to open a support ticket so someone can look at the database structure and determine what is going on.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
        Something else is going on. The software doesn't store a URL for every single topic in a channel. It is a regex and handled with a URL Ident. This allows quick updating if topics are moved from one channel to another. Plus it allows you to move items from any channel type to another.

You would need to open a support ticket so someone can look at the database structure and determine what is going on.
        Just to make sure we're talking about the same thing.

I'm trying to change boxingforum.com/forums/forums/subforum to boxingforum.com/forums/subforum

When I attempt to make that change it times out (maybe query times out due to backend settings). When I try again it says "This URL is Already in Use, Please Correct" - but the URL is not in use because the old structure is showing up.

This issue happened with a large subforum (over 12 million posts in that channell). A smaller subforum was changed without issues, but also timed out the first time around.

When you make those channel URL structure changes, are they changed somewhere, how does the system know (or think) its already in use?

Comment

It shouldn't time out. It should take less than a second. It is changing two database fields. That is what needs to be looked at and we need access to your server to do it. There are billions of web servers in the world and no two of them are the same.

Wayne Luke
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
            It shouldn't time out. It should take less than a second. It is changing two database fields. That is what needs to be looked at and we need access to your server to do it. There are billions of web servers in the world and no two of them are the same.
            What are the database fields? I doubt I can get server access as this is a testing site for a major corporation.

I can have our techs take a look and advise, providing any info needed.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingscene View Post

What are the database fields? I doubt I can get server access as this is a testing site for a major corporation.

I can have our techs take a look and advise, providing any info needed.
              We cannot diagnose by proxy in that way.

In order to pinpoint the problem we are going to need access to the server.
              MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
              AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post

We cannot diagnose by proxy in that way.

In order to pinpoint the problem we are going to need access to the server.
                Our techs want to look at the database fields. I'm not sure why nobody will advise what the fields are.

They are having trouble pinpointing which fields are being used for the problematic task in question.
                Last edited by boxingscene; Wed 3 Feb '21, 3:44pm.

Comment

We found the fields. When making the changes directly in SQL, it works as expected. When trying through the Vbulletin script there are either 504 or 500 errors.

Comment

Yeah, those 500 and 504 errors would need to be resolved. Editing the database directly can destroy your site if you enter the wrong value. Since we don't support direct modification of the database, we are very reluctant to give out information for it.

What are the specific errors since anything in the HTTPD 500 range are pretty generic. These would be listed in your logs, either the httpd log or the PHP error_log. They may show up on the screen if you put the site into Debug Mode.

Wayne Luke
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment