• Time
  • Show
Clear All

replied
    OK, thank, I'll try.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    I would suggest removing all third-party packages then install them one at a time. This would allow you to see if one is failing and blocking others.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Yes, I pressed Save at the bottom of Options->Products/Hook system.

Leave a comment:

• In Omnibus
    replied
    Originally posted by 720 View Post
    Nope. Should I? I'm really not that good with the technical stuff.
    No, but if you or someone else accidentally left it on it might block hooks.

Did you rebuild the datastore as Wayne Luke suggested?

Leave a comment:

replied
    I have activated and re-activated the hook system several times, and also disabled and enabled the products. I actually also deleted the files, uninstalled the products, reinstalled and activated again. No joy.

I find the products as they should be under core/packages, with the directories having access 0755 and the files 0644, if that matters.

Anywhere else to look?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    The switch in the /core/includes/config.php is a failsafe when all else fails and for debugging purposes...

To enable third-party products -
    You need to enable the Hook/Product system under Settings -> Options -> Product/Hook System. Even if it is set to Yes, I suggest clicking Save at the bottom to make sure the Datastore is rebuilt.
    Then each product can be enabled/disabled under Hooks / Products -> Manage Products. The drop down has to say "Enabled" for the product to actually work.

This is after the files are uploaded according to the installation instructions in the product package. Generally thinking, these should be in the /core/packages directory.

Finally note that vBulletin 3 and vBulletin 4 add-on products are not compatible. No intermediate layer was developed because it is considered less secure to implement these add-ons using the vBulletin 3 and 4 methods.

Debug Mode shouldn't really be run on production sites.
    Last edited by Wayne Luke; Wed 20 Jan '21, 9:53am.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Nope. Should I? I'm really not that good with the technical stuff.

Leave a comment:

• In Omnibus
    replied
    Do you have the site in debug mode?

Leave a comment:

replied
    No, it was already commented out. The file isn't changed since 4th Nov 2020, when I upgraded to 5.6.4.
    (And I'm assuming you're talking about the core/includes/config.php)

Leave a comment:

• In Omnibus
    replied
    My guess is you added

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

to the config.php file

You should either remove the line or comment it out

// define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Or set it to false.

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', false);

Leave a comment:

• delicjous
    replied
    You could disable plugins in settings options plugins or in core/includes/config.php - disable hooks

Leave a comment:

started a topic Third-party mods don't show up

Third-party mods don't show up

A few months ago I installed a few mods from vBulletin.org. They worked, but I wasn't fully satisfied with them. I uninstalled them and then reinstalled recently when they were updated. However, this time nothing shows up in the forum, although they look perfectly OK in AdminCP, where I can configure them. It seems that the hooks don't work.

I have tried to get support at vBulletin.org, the question here is only if I could have inadvertently done something that would disable all mods? A setting or something?

(I can of course give much more detailed information about this, I thought I'd start with a general question.)