Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to set a different home page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to set a different home page?

I'd like Blogs or Groups to be the home page when people log on. Is there a way to do that? I thought there was but could be wrong (it's been known to happen 😋)
    ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

You can set any page to be the home page by editing it and clicking "Make this the homepage" on the save dialog.

You can't specify a different homepage based on usergroup. You can however, set modules to display based on usergroup. So you can add modules for guest users and modules for others on any page. When editing a module, you can change the view permissions.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      You can set any page to be the home page by editing it and clicking "Make this the homepage" on the save dialog.
      Ahhhh yes.... I've been clicking "Exit without saving", so I never got to see the set as homepage option. Awesome.

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      You can't specify a different homepage based on usergroup. You can however, set modules to display based on usergroup. So you can add modules for guest users and modules for others on any page. When editing a module, you can change the view permissions.
      Good to know. Thanks!

~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

Comment

• delicjous
        delicjous commented
        Editing a comment
        Attention: if you use modules permissions the data will load even if the user have no permission to view. Is complicated if you use a lot of widgets with permissions.