Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I upgraded to php 5.6.4. What do you have to do to get more than 0-10 ads when you open New Posts and Today's Topics?
    Sorry for my English, I work with translators.

URL entry:

Neue Beiträge

https://www.XXXXXXXX/search?searchJS...%2C%22unread_o nly%22%3A1%2C%22sort%22%3A%7B%22lastcontent%22%3A%22desc%22%7D%2C%22exclude_type%22%3A%5B% 22vBForum_PrivateMessage%22%5D%7D

Heutige Themen

https://www.XXXXXXXX/search?searchJS...ude%22%3A%5B35 %2C38%5D%2C%22view%22%3A%22topic%22%2C%22sort%22%3A%7B%22lastcontent%22%3A%22desc%22%7D%2C %22exclude_type%22%3A%5B%22vBForum_PrivateMessage%22,%22vBForum_VisitorMessage%22%5D%7D

Today's Topics will show the new Topics (not replies) from the last 24 hours.

The only real way to get more results on a search is to build a search that includes more content.

The search queries use a variety of variables and filters to decide what to show. This is easier to see below:

New Posts: search?searchJSON={"view":"topic","unread_only":1,"sort":{"lastcontent":"desc"},"exclude_t ype":["vBForum_PrivateMessage"]}

Today's Topics: search?searchJSON={"last":{"from":"lastDay"},"view":"topic","starter_only":1,"sort":{"last content":"desc"},"exclude_type":["vBForum_PrivateMessage"]}

You can create your own searches in two ways....
    1. Create a "New Page" with a Search Module. Select the options and save it. Then link to that page. It will show as many entries as you need.
    2. Create a custom search JSON String like the ones above that contain the options.
    The search module is the easier option for most people. You can see an example of a search module by looking at the Latest Topics module on the default vBulletin Home Page. It will only show a few options but has a "View All" button that takes you to more results. You can determine how many results appear on the page.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thanks Luke for the answer, I'll try to implement that. Another question: why is there no longer a portal? That was so practical and solved all the problems we have with search queries.

Comment

There is actually. The default home page is a "Portal" with some preconfigured modules on it. You can edit these modules to fit your needs and even add additional modules if you like. In fact, any page can be the "Portal." or landing page for your site.

If you want to show the Activity Stream like a default vBulletin 4.X install, then edit the home page of your site in Site Builder. Then you can edit the Forum Home module by clicking on the pencil icon. Select the Latest Activity tab for the Default Tab option and save the module. Then save the page.

Want to show just a list of forums? Then click Quick Setup in the Site Builder Menu and click on "Classic" for your home page. Want a community oriented front-page? Click on Community in Quick Setup.

Want something custom? Click "New Page". Add the modules you want. Save them. When saving click the checkbox labeled "Make this page your homepage" and save.

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

OK, that's interesting, but can I go back or is that final? I am always afraid that I will destroy something.

Comment

Originally posted by DavMes View Post
            OK, that's interesting, but can I go back or is that final? I am always afraid that I will destroy something.
            What do you mean by “go back”?
            MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
            AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

I mean the original state, as it was before I changed something.

Comment

You can undo any changes in the system. Though which choice you want to undo may increase the complexity. For instance, we don't allow you to delete the default pages without checks and balances. Deleting these pages can break the operation of your site. We also require additional steps to restore these default pages for security purposes. However, you have more control over custom pages.

Wayne Luke
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I have now switched to community, which suits my forum best.
                  But!
                  The portal on the right does not show the last activities, it is always 1-2 days behind.
                  Really up-to-date only shows "New Topics".

Is it possible to set the portal so that it displays in a timely manner?

regards
                  David

Comment

How much traffic do you have? Display is cached and traffic drives refreshing the cache. Each usergroup basically gets its own view in this cache. If you have highly customized usergroup permissions and you're the only Administrator, then you can see out of date content on the first page load if you don't visit often.

When I visit your site as a Guest user, I see topics posted today in the right column. The last one was posted at 19:01.

Wayne Luke
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Yes, in the newly added search module. If you close that, the portal appears and doesn't show anything up to date.

Comment

You're going to need to be more specific.

A portal is the same as the site's homepage or landing page. I am not sure how I can close the home page and open a "portal" as I don't see a link labeled Portal.

Wayne Luke
                        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

My inserted search window is just a "stopgap", I would prefer not to have to use it. But the home module or "last activity" cannot be set (I tried everything under "edit page") so that it permanently shows the last activities. You can set filters and then everything fits, but if you go to another page and come back, the filter settings are gone again. Or when you log out and log in again.
                          Can I do what I want and am I just doing something wrong?

Comment

You set the Default Tab option of the Forum Home module to "Latest Activity"? When I make that change, it works on my test servers.
                            1. Edit Page from the Site Builder Menu.
                            2. Edit Module by clicking on its Pencil Icons.
                            3. Make your changes to the default settings.
                            4. Save the module.
                            5. Save the page.

Wayne Luke
                            vBulletin 5 API

Comment