Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My vB forum is messed up!

Hi All

My ckEditor is not working. I cannot post new threads and even cannot comment. When I comment the following error coming:

{"nodeId":1366}

Above error came two days before also but then I restored my website files from web hosting cpannel. Then it was working good for one day but now its again repeating the same problem mention above in the beginning.

My CkEditor is shown below and thats it, no action even if i press the A button or smileys.

Your help will be highly appreciated, thanks.

Note: Im using vB 5.6.4 and my website link is below:

https://labkushai.com

Open the browser's developer tools on a page with the editor. You can do this by pressing F12. Click on the Console tab. What javascript errors are being shown?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Hi Wayne thanks for the response. Here is my console javascript error page:

Uncaught SyntaxError: Invalid or unexpected token
      footer-rollup-564.js:801 Securitytoken updated
      footer-rollup-564.js:789 Ckeditor: initEditor(vb-cke-instance-1)
      footer-rollup-564.js:727 vBulletin.loadingIndicator.show Counter: 1 Source: ajaxStart
      footer-rollup-564.js:754 Edit mode: initializeEditor
      footer-rollup-564.js:3290 Initializing PM Dropdown!
      footer-rollup-564.js:3269 Idle detection enabled
      footer-rollup-564.js:3290 PM Chat window not detected, skipping init.
      file-upload-rollup-564.js:77 Fileupload: vBulletin.upload.initializePhotoUpload
      file-upload-rollup-564.js:94 Fileupload: vBulletin.upload.initializePhotoUpload finished
      jquery.min.js:2 [Deprecation] Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user's experience. For more help, check https://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/.
      send @ jquery.min.js:2
      5Unchecked runtime.lastError: The message port closed before a response was received.
      footer-rollup-564.js:704 Intercept AJAX template render calls: Start (URL: https://labkushai.com/ajax/render/ckeditor_javascript)
      footer-rollup-564.js:709 Intercept AJAX template render calls: No CSS
      footer-rollup-564.js:709 Intercept AJAX template render calls: Calling original success handler
      footer-rollup-564.js:793 Ckeditor: Calling getScript for: js/file-upload-rollup-564.js
      footer-rollup-564.js:793 Ckeditor: Script loaded: js/file-upload-rollup-564.js
      footer-rollup-564.js:793 Ckeditor: Calling getScript for: js/ckeditor-rollup-564.js
      VM83:77 Fileupload: vBulletin.upload.initializePhotoUpload
      VM83:94 Fileupload: vBulletin.upload.initializePhotoUpload finished
      30:1 Uncaught SyntaxError: Invalid or unexpected token
      at b (jquery.min.js:2)
      at Function.globalEval (jquery.min.js:2)
      at text script (jquery.min.js:2)
      at jquery.min.js:2
      at l (jquery.min.js:2)
      at XMLHttpRequest.<anonymous> (jquery.min.js:2)
      footer-rollup-564.js:793 Ckeditor: Script loaded: js/ckeditor-rollup-564.js
      footer-rollup-564.js:793 Ckeditor: Calling getScript for: js/content-entry-rollup-564.js
      footer-rollup-564.js:793 Ckeditor: Script loaded: js/content-entry-rollup-564.js
      footer-rollup-564.js:727 vBulletin.loadingIndicator.hide Counter: 0 Source: ajaxStop
      VM90:25 Tag Editor is already initialized.
      footer-rollup-564.js:3265 Polled for header data!1610515480587
      footer-rollup-564.js:727 vBulletin.loadingIndicator.show ajax indicator suppressed
      footer-rollup-564.js:727 vBulletin.loadingIndicator.hide ajax indicator suppressed
      footer-rollup-564.js:3265 Polled for header data!1610515510589
      footer-rollup-564.js:727 vBulletin.loadingIndicator.show ajax indicator suppressed
      footer-rollup-564.js:727 vBulletin.loadingIndicator.hide ajax indicator suppressed
      footer-rollup-564.js:3265 Polled for header data!1610515540748
      footer-rollup-564.js:3265 Polled for header data!1610515570751
      footer-rollup-564.js:3265 Polled for header data!1610515600752
      footer-rollup-564.js:3265 Polled for header data!1610515630755
      footer-rollup-564.js:3265 Polled for header data!1610515660756
      footer-rollup-564.js:3265 Polled for header data!1610515690758
      footer-rollup-564.js:3265 Polled for header data!1610515720758

Comment

I have now restored to 5 days old Backup and its still not working. The ckEditor is still not loading and am not able to post. However, the Web hosting support person who was helping me restore the back up was able to post from his computer. I have cleared my cache in computer and mobile and tried 3 different browsers but still not working for me.

What should I do?

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
          Open the browser's developer tools on a page with the editor. You can do this by pressing F12. Click on the Console tab. What javascript errors are being shown?

Comment

also upon inspecting I have found many cKeditor files are showing errors. Also see the below image for suspected files during Admin Pannel Diagnoses:

Comment

Replace the files that say "File does not contain expected contents." Do not edit the Javascript files as doing so may introduce errors that prevent functionality.

However if other computers can post and you cannot post on your own, then it is probably something blocking Javascript and/or Cookies on your browser. Both are required in order to use vBulletin. Try the editor in a browser window that has browser extensions disabled. Then enable browser extensions one by one to see which one is causing the problems.

Wayne Luke
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Replace the files that say "File does not contain expected contents." Do not edit the Javascript files as doing so may introduce errors that prevent functionality.

However if other computers can post and you cannot post on your own, then it is probably something blocking Javascript and/or Cookies on your browser. Both are required in order to use vBulletin. Try the editor in a browser window that has browser extensions disabled. Then enable browser extensions one by one to see which one is causing the problems.

Yes I can post in Firefox now. But in Chrome and Edge browsers still not working. And on my mobile no browser is working (ckEditor not working).

Replace the files that say "File does not contain expected contents >>>>> How to replace?

Comment

You would replace files with your FTP client. It is the same method that you used to install or upgrade the software. The unedited files should be in your vBulletin 5.6.4 download package obtained from https://members.vbulletin.com.

Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

You would replace files with your FTP client. It is the same method that you used to install or upgrade the software. The unedited files should be in your vBulletin 5.6.4 download package obtained from https://members.vbulletin.com.
                    OH ok yes I can do that... It came to my mind but I thought it won't solve the problem. Let me try

Comment

All files replaced, so there is no suspected file version appearing in Admin CP Diagnostics but the ckeditor is still not working.

/js/ckeditor-rollup-564.js:1 Uncaught SyntaxError: Invalid or unexpected token error coming in browser console in the file /js/ckeditor-rollup-564.js:1

When I open this /js/ckeditor-rollup-564.js file I found some garbage string on first line: Just check the first line below with strange A-A>>A?..... how can i get rid of this problem?

/* =======================================================================*\ || ###################################################################### || || # vBulletin 5.6.4 || # ------------------------------------------------------------------ # || || # Copyright 2000-2020 MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. # || || # This file may not be redistributed in whole or significant part. # || || # ----------------- VBULLETIN IS NOT FREE SOFTWARE ----------------- # || || # http://www.vbulletin.com | http://www.vbulletin.com/license.html # || || ###################################################################### || \*========================================================================*/ // *************************** // js.compressed/tag-editor.js

Comment

Also in the Browser Console below error is coming:

VM245:1 Uncaught SyntaxError: Invalid or unexpected token

Comment

Hi since its late night here so I will see your answer tomorrow. I hope you will provide solutions. Thanks for your time and support.

Comment

The string shouldn't be there. I have absolutely no idea why they are there. Replace it with a default file downloaded from https://members.vbulletin.com. Don't edit the files. They are not meant to be edited for any purpose.

Also in the Browser Console below error is coming:

VM245:1 Uncaught SyntaxError: Invalid or unexpected token
                            What is the JSON response? It should be listed on the Network tab. Though, I am going to guess it is a syntax error because somehow your files got edited and added illegal strings to them.

Wayne Luke
                            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

The string shouldn't be there. I have absolutely no idea why they are there. Replace it with a default file downloaded from https://members.vbulletin.com. Don't edit the files. They are not meant to be edited for any purpose.

What is the JSON response? It should be listed on the Network tab. Though, I am going to guess it is a syntax error because somehow your files got edited and added illegal strings to them.
                              I wanted to install custom fonts into ckeditor on 7th of JAN 2021. I changed some JS files and the effect of those changes appeared after 3 days totally disabling the CKeditor.

Then I restored my vB Forum website from the Webhosting CPanel to the last point in history (27th DEC 2020). Technically this should reverse everything for me to 27th DEC 2020 but my ckeditor is still not working. Now please suggest what should I do?

I have uploaded new JS files as you suggested in your previous post but the problem is still there.

What would be your best suggestion?

Comment

• Mohammed Abu Risha
                                Mohammed Abu Risha commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Yes, I now remember. Last year, I had the same situation when I tampered with CKeditor to add a default font. Solved by restoring the CKeditor files. It took sometimes, though, to work, until the cache on the computer and mobile phones of users were cleared. I cannot remember how I forced clear the cache in users' systems. See No. 16 here:
                                https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/ge...r-vbulletiners
                                Last edited by Mohammed Abu Risha; Thu 14 Jan '21, 12:52am.
                            widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X