X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Bug / Issue] Return user permission for supermoderator

Hi all
    I have a problem:
    I trying to transfer a supermoderator to registered users group in admincp, the action is performed, user group changes to "registered user", but this user keeps getting moderator notifications and his profile settings contains:

Notify on Monitored Word
    Notify on Reported Post
    Notify on Unapproved Post
    Notify on Spam

Why is this happening and how can I fix it?

Is the user assigned as a moderator for any channel? You can see this under Channel Management -> Moderator Permissions.

Is the user in any secondary usergroups that give Super Moderator permissions? You can see this by editing the user and verifying their secondary usergroups.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thank you for the answer, Wayne.

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      Is the user assigned as a moderator for any channel? You can see this under Channel Management -> Moderator Permissions.
      No, I see the administrator (i am) only there.

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      Is the user in any secondary usergroups that give Super Moderator permissions? You can see this by editing the user and verifying their secondary usergroups.
      No, this user has no secondary usergroup.

I have Russian language installed and these settings (moderator notifications) are not translated. Could this cause a similar error?

Comment

A language file shouldn't cause this to show if the user doesn't have permission. What is the "Is Super Moderator" permission set to for the usergroup?

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

What is the "Is Super Moderator" permission set to for the usergroup?
          Sorry Wayne, I'm not sure I understood this question correctly. Can you explain in more detail please?

P.S.// looks like I missing something: this user have 4 Infractions, they are canceled by administrator (by me), I tried to remove them completely, but to no avail
          Can this affect?

Comment

In the Usergroup Manager, there are permissions for every usergroup. One of these permissions will make any user group into Super Moderators if it is set to Yes. What is the value of that permission?

Infractions are not related to this permission issue.

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

In the Usergroup Manager, there are permissions for every usergroup. One of these permissions will make any user group into Super Moderators if it is set to Yes. What is the value of that permission?
              Checked, this is set to "no" for the user group Registered Users.
              Any other member of the usergroup "registered users" does not have these notifications and their settings in profile.

Comment

Edit and save the user again to make sure it is in the proper groups. Edit the registered usergroup in usergroup manager and save to update the datastore. Clear your system cache under maintenance.

Other than that, you might have to create a new user, merge the old user into that new user, and update the username. Though, I have never encountered a user retaining permissions after a usergroup change.

Wayne Luke
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Other than that, you might have to create a new user, merge the old user into that new user, and update the username. Though, I have never encountered a user retaining permissions after a usergroup change.
                  Thank you Wayne. This is what I did - I created a new user and merged them ... the problem is resolved.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X