Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    You can change the protocol under Settings -> Options -> Email Settings. SSL and TLS are the two options. TLS is more secure but if Google doesn't allow it, there is nothing we can do. The "Less Secure Apps" issue in on Google's side. However, vBulletin should be able to use the more secure encryption methods.

Leave a comment:

• Shon
    replied
    Err... this is their response, and I've still not got it working :\

We do not block the mail protocol ports.This is either PHP error or Gmail security issue/

You can The "Use the Gmail SMTP Server" https://support.google.com/a/answer/176600?hl=en
    section of this guide says you need to enable "Less secure apps".

https://support.google.com/a/answer/6260879?hl=en

or the solution for this problem could be to change the 'protocol' from 'smtp' to 'ssmtp' and 'smtp_host' from 'ssl://smtp.gmail.com' to 'ssl://ssmtp.googlemail.com'.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Ask your hosting provider if they allow connections on port 587. The connection is being blocked and vBulletin doesn't have the capability to block ports on a server.

Leave a comment:

• Shon
    replied
    Could this possibly be a server issue? If so, what should I ask to get this working?

Leave a comment:

• Shon
    started a topic Email sending issue...

Email sending issue...

I get the following when I use Maintenance > Diagnostics > Email

The mailing function returned an error while trying to send the mail.
    The following errors were outputted by PHP when attempting to send mail:

Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to tcp://smtp.gmail.com:587 (Network is unreachable) in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/mail/smtp.php on line 189 Warning: Unable to connect to SMTP server in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/mail/smtp.php on line 155
    My settings are correct, but I can't get it to work.

Any help is appreciated!