Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't add new channel: Invalid node id specified.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't add new channel: Invalid node id specified.

Hello,

I'm using vBCloud and I want to add new channels, but when I select the "Add New Channel" option and got to that section, I get the error message "Invalid node id specified." It does not allow me to add a new channel. I'm told to "Go back." How do I fix this?

Site: tbc.beattips.com

Best Regards,

Said
    Attached Files

You cannot create channels based off the Home Page. First, the Home Page isn't really a channel. Second, if you could create a channel off the Home page the system wouldn't know what to do with it. It requires coding to deal with new channel typs. I am not even sure why that is an option.

You can create new channels under Forums, Blogs, Articles, and Groups. You can create these sub-channels under Channel Management -> Channel Manager and then selecting "Add Child Channel" on the Controls drop down.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Hello,

OK, I understand. However, how do I create a channel so that it is it's *own directory channel? I created a channel following the steps: Channel Manager > Forums > Add Child Channel. (See "Test Channel 1" on the image provided.) I expected this to be it's *own directory channel, that is I expected it to look like the other individual *directory channels like, "The BeatTips Community (TBC) Welcome & Starting Point" and "TBC Beat Battles, Challenges, and Showcases, which you can see emphasized by the red arrows on the image provided. THAT'S what I want to create. How do I create *directory (category?) channels identical to those, which I can then create sub-channels beneath?

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Said
      Attached Files

Comment

Set the "Act as Channel" option to No for the channel that you want to be a "directory."
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

This thread was helpful.
          adktramping ~ my happy place.

"Whoever said practice makes perfect was an idiot. Humans can't be perfect because we're not machines." ~ Sam Gardner.

Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment