Problem in show all words and phreases in Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem in show all words and phreases in Question

Hello. I backup a vBulletin site on the cPanel and moved it to a VPS server. Required packages are installed. The files have been moved to the root directory of the Apache web server, and a backup of the database has been imported into MySQL. The permissions were checked and there was no problem, but when the site loads, it displays all the letters and characters as question marks. What could be the problem?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_007.png
Views:	50
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	4450372

PHP : 7.2
    Webserver : Apache
    Database : MariaDB 10

When moving the database, you lost the ability to communicate in UTF-8 or store UTF-8 on the server.

Make sure that the settings for your Language in the AdminCP is set for UTF-8. The HTML Character Set should be UTF-8 and the Locale should be a UTF-8 Locale for your language. Locales need to be installed on the server level so you will need have the server manager install this for you if necessary.

Next you need to make sure the communication between vBulletin and your new Database matches the communication that was used on the older server. You can force this by updating the /core/includes/config.php ($config['Mysqli']['charset']) file if necessary but it is best to change the Database Server settings and reimport the database.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thanks for your great help and support. I set my database format in "utf8_general_ci" and problem solved.

Comment