Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Redirect and URL modification question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shon
    replied
    For some reason, my /forum page is now showing as "?routestring=forum" is that normal and how can I change that?

Leave a comment:

• Shon
    replied
    Hmm, you actually opened up a new line of ideas for me. I'm still curious about a few things, but I will create a new thread about those things later.

Thank you sir!

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    forum.vbulletin.com and forum.vbulletin.com/forum are actually two distinct pages in the system. They don't even share the same modules or layout. The first is a two column page with a list of forum channels, latest activity, subscriptions and a number of addition modules. The second is a one-column page with only a list of the sub-channels of Forum.

To change the breadcrumb links you would have to edit the header template. There is no setting to change the "Home" link currently.

/forum is actually a channel and the parent of all forums on your site. Redirecting traffic away from it will most likely put you into an infinite redirection loop. Instead what you should do is visit your forum channels and using Site Builder's Edit Page tool, change the URLs of each forum to fit your needs. Changing the URL is possible by clicking "Edit Page" then "Save Page." This will serve several purposes: 1) you won't get infinite redirection, 2) vBulletin will automatically 301 redirect the old URLs to the new ones, 3) Your urls can be anything you want. You can even remove the /forum/ from them while preserving that route.

You can also make any page your "home page" by clicking the checkbox "Make this the Homepage" when saving it in Site Builder. However, this brings additional issues with it and isn't perfect.

Leave a comment:

• Shon
    started a topic Redirect and URL modification question...

Redirect and URL modification question...

When viewing a thread (topic) such as this one, in the breadcrumbs it shows: Forum > vBulletin 5 Connect > Support....

The link to Forum is "https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum" which is a duplicated page for "https://forum.vbulletin.com"

This is useful if the "homepage" is a different page, but in this instance, it is not.

Is there anyway to 1.) Redirect traffic from "/forum" to "/" and 2.) Possibly change the URL from "forum" to "/" in the breadcrumbs?