Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Don't ban them. There is a long standing bug with that permission. It has too much control over things. See: https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-13126
    1. Put them in a primary usergroup with the limited permissions that you want them to have.
    2. Remove secondary usergroups.
    3. Delete their subscriptions using the Quick Links menu on their User Profile.

Leave a comment:

• Turtullo
    replied
    Well, I didn't notice the double negation

The option is decribed by "This group is NOT a banned group" so it obviously has to be set to NO in this case. This is somewhat unfortunate.

But after that setting it is confusing now for the users who have an inactive email - they get an error message stating they have been banned permently, which is not true. The usergroup has "Can Edit Own Profile" set to YES but the affected user can't go there - he gets the banned message.

So how should i set the settings right to block notification emails being sent to this group but allow them edit their profile to let them update their email?
    Last edited by Turtullo; Wed 11 Nov '20, 4:32am.

Leave a comment:

• Turtullo
    started a topic Email notifications sent to banned group

Email notifications sent to banned group

I am running vb562pl1 .

I have a standard user group for users that did not confirm their email address or whose email address became inactive during the time being fully registered members.

It has the option "Is banned group" set to Yes. However email notifications still are being sent to these users. For example about new topics in subscribed channels. I was checking bounce messages and came acrross many times that the emails belonged to users already being assigned to this group.

Maybe this bug is being corrected in upward versions of vB or I am missing some setting i should be using. It worked right in vb3. Any hints?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X