X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bendiesel
    replied
    I really appreciate your help Wayne,

i will explore possibilities enlightened in your reply, and since it's not urgent i'll do the best setting combination,

God bless you

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Channel Member will only affect members of Groups and Blogs and only if the user specifically joins a Group or Blog. You should not be editing this usergroup with permissions elsewhere. It will have absolutely no effect. Permissions on whether someone can post in a Group or Blog will depend on the owner of that Group or Blog and its specific settings. Honestly, the "Channel" usergroups should be hidden from the interface.

I can't tell if you have to make some other change because there is absolutely no context provided in your screenshot about what you're trying to change, whether there are inherited permissions, whether children channels have custom permissions, or what "CREATE" permissions the user has inherited, or even what groups the user is in.
    Last edited by Wayne Luke; Tue 3 Nov '20, 1:27pm.

Leave a comment:

• bendiesel
    replied
    Thank you Wayne for the reply,

i apologize for the mistake and not being precise,

the correct path is as you said: Channel Management -> Channel Permissions -> editing permission in "channel member" and "registered users", as indicated by the two arrows:

Click image for larger version

Name:	pic1.png
Views:	52
Size:	4.8 KB
ID:	4449699

- in both "channel member" and "registered users", I checked all permissions to "No", EXCEPT Can View Topic Content & Can View Others' Topics

- but "+new topic" button" is still shown and members could still post with no effect,

- users/channel members are just in one usergroup : registered users

did I forget to make another specific setting ?

Thank you for your help

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    I am not sure what path you're following there is no option to "Edit Channel Members" under Channel Manager. There is no method to assign a user as a member of a Blog or Group channel in the AdminCP.

Default permissions are set under Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager by editing each Usergroup.

Permissions for specific channels are set under Channel Management -> Channel Permissions or Usergroups -> Channel Permissions. Both links lead to the same location. If you have custom channel permissions, they would have priority and override the defaults set under Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager. If a user is in multiple usergroups and one of those usergroups grants a permission, the user will have the permission.

Leave a comment:

• bendiesel
    started a topic channel manager

channel manager

Dear Team,

how to prevent new posts for members in a group ? no more for "+new topic" button

- i tried "channel management/channel manager/Edit channel members",

- checked all channel permissions to "No", EXCEPT Can View Topic Content & Can View Others' Topics

- but "+new topic" button" is still shown and members could still post with no effect,

is there any other setting should i do ?

Thank you for help
    Last edited by bendiesel; Tue 3 Nov '20, 8:21am.